Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Worm

Pam ~ I have a HUGE phobia of worms. Just to let you all know. HUGE!!!!

We were at my sister's house today and Maya K was happily playing outside using clothespins to hang cloth napkins on the fence. She looked down and had a slight moment of panic as she saw a worm at her feet. I then proceeded to try to not have a HUGE MORNING of panic as I moved away from the area. My sister came out and proceeded to call her boys to come see the worm.

My dad also came outside and picked up the worm, showing his grandchildren how you can tie a worm into a knot. Yep. I fled the yard!!!! But I stood at the door and watched where I could see Maya K, but not the worm.

My nephew, Joseph, was brave and excited to hold the worm. Benjamin didn't want to. Maya K stood at a distance with her hands behind her back looking very serious. She came close a couple of times and would put a finger out as if she was going to touch it, but then would back away. After quite a few times of doing this, while Joseph was holding the worm, she approached and slowly touched it with the tip of her pointer finger!!!!! And then quickly left and was done even watching her Grandpa with the worm.


When they were all done, the worm was put back in the grass and they all came inside to wash their hands, including Maya K.

On the way home we were talking about what we had done and how much fun she had. She told me, "Worm, YUCKY!!!"

When we got home, I quickly got lunch on the table and we sat down to pray and eat. As I reached for Maya K's hand, all of a sudden she yelped and started smelling her hand. "Worm, YUCKY!!! Smell, YUCKY!!!! Hand, YUCKY!!!"

I told her that she had washed her hands and that they didn't smell anymore, to which she started squirming around and wiping her hands up and down her shirt saying, "Worm, YUCKY!!!! Smell, YUCKY!!!"

I prayed for lunch, but she wouldn't let me touch her hands. Then she was trying to figure out how to eat her meat, cheese, and carrots without using her hands (she didn't even want to touch the silverware!!!). After a short time of trying to convince her that her hands were not yucky and watching her try to bend over and eat directly with her mouth off the plate, I asked her if she wanted to go wash her hands again. She quickly said "YES!!!" and jumped down and ran to the bathroom. I had to go turn the water on because she wouldn't touch the faucet, and she thoroughly scrubbed her hands clean.

She has been fine ever since!!!!

1 comment:

  1. A little one that hates worms AND appreciates clean hands. SCORE!!

    ReplyDelete