Pam ~ We chose to not do Halloween with Maya Kisanet this year, just because we felt like it would be too much craziness too soon. We will probably dress up and trick or treat next year, but it was good to not participate this year.
However, as I learned early this week via a play date with a new little friend from church, my beautiful girl LOVES to dress up!!!!! So I decided to try to take advantage of some after-Halloween sales to buy some dress up clothes for Maya Kisanet.
She was sooooooooooooo much fun to listen to as we walked around the Halloween items at Target.
And so it continued. We got quite a few smiles from other Target customers today!!!!
I ended up buying her a plastic pumpkin (that kids use for their candy while "trick or treat"ing), a full peacock costume, a pair of purple butterfly wings, and a teal skirt. She was in HEAVEN!!!
However, as I learned early this week via a play date with a new little friend from church, my beautiful girl LOVES to dress up!!!!! So I decided to try to take advantage of some after-Halloween sales to buy some dress up clothes for Maya Kisanet.
She was sooooooooooooo much fun to listen to as we walked around the Halloween items at Target.
"Mommy, PUMPKIN"
"Mommy, OWL"
"Mommy, a dinosaur"
(Me: "No, Honey, that's a gargoyle on a tombstone.")
"Mommy, PUMPKIN"
"Mommy, for Maya Kisanet???"
(Pointing to a mask of a bloody skeleton)
(Me: "No, Honey. I think you're being introduced to the wrong side of American culture today.")
"Mommy, for Mommy???"
(Pointing to a wig of blue hair.)
"Mommy, tiny (in tiny voice) PUMPKIN (in a loud voice)"
"Mommy, snake."
(Pointing to a blow up ghost???? Not sure about this one????)
"Mommy, PUMPKIN"
"Mommy, BUTTERFLY"
(We're finally in the costume section now.)
"Mommy, for Maya Kisanet."
(Now she's pointing to a costume of a werewolf.)
And so it continued. We got quite a few smiles from other Target customers today!!!!
I ended up buying her a plastic pumpkin (that kids use for their candy while "trick or treat"ing), a full peacock costume, a pair of purple butterfly wings, and a teal skirt. She was in HEAVEN!!!


I could just "hear" your conversation, Pam! :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! You can hit dollar stores a month or two before Halloween and get tiaras, jewelry, and gloves for $1 a piece!! :-) SO glad she's got a mama that buys her dress-up clothes! My FAVORITE!!
ReplyDelete