Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 16, 2012

Facebook Friday

November 10, 2012 ~ SUCCESS!!!!! While I didn't sleep very well and kept wondering how she was doing and if I should go check on her, Maya K did exactly what we asked of her!!!! I got up at 7 a.m. and went to the hall to turn the light on. Maya K was sitting on her bed with a HUGE smile on her face!!!! I went over to pick her up and tell her how proud I was of her and she told me that she didn't call me and that she waited until the light came on (her words were a little more jumbled than that, but that was what she was trying to say!!!!). I'm soooooooooooo proud of her!!!!!!!

November 11, 2012 ~ She's finally asleep at 10:40 p.m. Sundays are LONG days!!!!! But we are enjoying being able to be back at church and fellowshipping with our college kids after the evening service. She took a good  nap this afternoon and wasn't cranky or upset tonight; it just took her a while to settle down and go to sleep. Here's to hoping that she sleeps IN a little tomorrow morning!!!!

November 12, 2012 ~ It's almost 8 a.m. and SHE IS STILL ASLEEP!!!! This is the latest she has slept for us (of course, last night was the latest she has stayed up) and we are feeling hopeful!!!! If she'll sleep in on Monday mornings, we won't feel bad keeping her up late on Sunday nights!!!!

Our first trip to the mall was FUN!!!! Maya K enjoyed looking at everything, was good about not touching things, was amazed by the car that was INSIDE, LOVED the Christmas lights, got to play at the play place, at some Chick-fil-A, and helped mommy pick out which candles to buy (the chocolate smelling one she still insists that it is a "snack" and she needs to eat it!!!!). I like it when Daddy has a day off work!!!!


November 13, 2012 ~ I got to introduce Maya K to one of my favorite places today. Half Price Books!!!! Maya K got to sit on the floor with a big pile of books to look at while I "browsed" the children's books. I didn't think that it was possible for that store to be more dangerous to me than it already was, but I found out today that it is VERY dangerous!!!! I love books too much, and so does Maya K!!!!

November 14, 2012 ~ I'm going to try comb coils in her hair today!!! I'm honestly not sure they will work because I don't have any styling products yet AND my fingers are clumsy AND her hair is still pretty short, but I'm hopeful!!!!

I couldn't get it to work with the comb so I used my fingers. It's very similar to the little ponies I did last week, but without the bands. I'll keep trying!!!!


November 15, 2012 ~ Maya K is on her bed for rest time. We set the timer and she gets to get up when it goes off. I just heard her going "Beep, beep, beep, beep . . . " Wishful thinking!!!!

After ordering more hair supplies, a satin-lined winter hat, and lotion & raw shea butter for my little girl, I think I've decided that her skin and hair care will be her Christmas presents!!!! jk

Anyone who knows me as a teacher will know how excited this pictures makes me!!!! We are working on our gluing skills today and on not using too much glue - "Just around the edges!!!!"


November 16, 2012 ~ We're heading down to VCA (my school) this morning!!!! It's time to let all my "kids" (and co-workers/friends) meet Maya K!!!!

It was such a blessing to get to see so many of my "kids" today and get SWARMS of hugs from them!!!! I am soooooooooooooo happy to be home with Maya K and I am honestly not missing teaching at all, but I do miss my KIDS!!!!! Maya K did very well!!!!!!!!! All of these kids have been praying for her for longer than we have known who she is and they were sooooooooooooooo excited to meet her, but she had NO IDEA who they all were!!!!! She is on her bed for a late rest time and I feel like joining her!!!!

She said that daddy and mommy could go downstairs tonight and she would go to sleep all by herself!!!! So we are listening intently to the monitor but haven't heard anything yet!!!! She's such an amazing little girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment