Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 23, 2012

FB Friday

November 19, 2012 ~ We had collected quite a pile of pictures and Sunday school papers since Maya K came home 7 weeks ago. So today, I held up each paper and Maya K got to pick whether it went in the trash or in her "book". Then, I hole-punched the papers she picked for her "book" and we put them in a 3-ring binder. I hope this system continues to work!!!!

November 20, 2012 ~ Maya K woke up just a little after 6 a.m. I'm not exactly sure why, but the first words out of her mouth were "Grandpa? Grandma? Coming?" :-) I haven't even told her that TODAY is the day they are coming!!! She's going to be soooooo excited!!!

Less than an hour until Maya K gets to meet her Grandpa & Grandma Carter!!! She's pretty excited and I know that her Grandpa & Grandma are too!!!

Maya K with her Grandma Carter for the very first time!!! She warmed up very quickly and cuddled in next to Grandma C. to draw on her magna-doodle!!!

Maya K got to meet her Grandpa Carter and have him read to her!!! Nathan caught a picture of them being silly together :-).

November 21, 2012 ~ We get to go see Grandpa and Grandma again this morning!!! Grandma Carter is planning on making Spritz cookies with Maya K and the twins and I think Maya K is going to LOVE helping Grandma!!!

Making our Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie!!! Yummy!!!!

November 23, 2012 ~ I was doing Maya K's hair this morning (she was sitting on the counter in our bathroom) when the washcloth she was holding fell to the floor. "May I blanket, please?" YAY for language progression!!!!! AND for using good grammar!!!!

I am sooooooooooooo grateful for the normalcy that Maya K's afternoon quiet times are for her!!! With the crazy day yesterday celebrating Thanksgiving with family, and then this morning being different with Aunt Kristi here at the house with us, and then joining family for lunch at Aunt Debbi's house, she was struggling. But when she got on her bed with her toys and books she became a happy little girl and she has been singing her heart out!!!!!

More firsts tonight ~ First time eating at Arby's, first chocolate shake, first time wearing her new winter hat, first time seeing "Frosty the Snowman", and she LOVED it all!!!! (She's going to bed an hour late and did it all BEAUTIFULLY!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment