Pam ~ Maya K is saying and doing sooooooo many funny and cute things that I don't want to forget, so I am going to try to keep a list and share some of them with you on Tuesdays. This will also allow me to keep record of them so that I don't FORGET!!!!
***********************************
We were grocery shopping and Maya K had been concerned during the entire drive to the store that we get some cheese (she has developed a deep love for cheese!!!). When we go shopping, I keep up a running commentary on what we are getting and why we need it (working on those English skills), and then I hand the items to her to drop in the shopping cart.
We walked to the cheese section and I said "Maya K, we need to get some sliced cheese." I handed her the cheese and she said...........
"CHEESE, Mommy!!!!! CHEESE!!!!! (she is bouncing up and down in the cart seat) Good job, Mommy!!!! Good job!!!!!" (as she gives me a thumbs up!!!)
*************************************
Maya K is having a hard time understanding the difference between the words "cooking" and "cookie".
I now have to say "Mommy is fixing / making dinner". There is a lot of confusion and disappointment on Maya K's part if I say "Mommy is cooking dinner."
*************************************
We were driving home and the sun was setting on the left side of the car. I had just noticed how pretty the clouds were, when I heard from the backseat.........
Maya K: "Mommy, Mommy!!!!! CLOUDS!!!!! Mommy, Mommy!!!!!!!!!!! CLOUDS!!!!"
Mommy: "They are very pretty clouds tonight."
Maya K: "PRETTY CLOUDS!!!!! PRETTY CLOUDS!!!!!! CLOUDS PRETTY!!!!! PRETTY CLOUDS!!!! Mommy, CLOUDS PRETTY!!!!!"
Mommy: "That is called a sunset. The sun is going to sleep."
Maya K: "Sun sleeping? Sleeping sun? Goodnight, Sun."
Maya K: "Sun sleeping? Sleeping sun? Goodnight, Sun."
Maya K: (pointing to the clouds on the right side of the car) "Yucky. Yucky clouds. Trash. Clouds trash."
Mommy: "No (I'm trying not to laugh). They aren't yucky clouds. They just don't have the light shining on them."
Maya K: (pointing to the right) "Yucky. Trash." (pointing to the left) "PRETTY CLOUDS!!!!!!"
***************************************
Mommy: "Maya K, you drew a nice line."
Maya K: "No, no lion."
Mommy: "I said a line, not a lion."
Maya K: "NO, NO lion!!!!"
Mommy: "Okay, Honey. What you drew looks very nice." (I'm trying not to laugh out loud!!!)
************************************
(Driving home from church; Maya K has an empty paper towel tube)
Maya K: "Daddy, I see you!!!!"
(This is one of the first complete phrases we have heard her say!!!!!!)
**************************************
Mommy: "I'm short"
Maya K: (starts pulling my shirt down around my hips)
Mommy: ??????????????????????
(I finally figured out that she thought I said "shirt"!!!!)
***************************************
Nathan has been taking Maya K outside with him to get the mail when he gets home from work. She has learned that it is almost always COLD outside now!!!!!! Today (11/16/12) she asked to take out a new "telescope" that she just got and he told her that she couldn't take anything outside with her. She then proceded to pick up some large paper "glasses" that say "Happy Thanksgiving" and look like turkeys and put them on her face. Daddy told her "No, you can't take the glasses outside, either" to which she replied......
"Eyes, COLD!!!!!!"
****************************************
Maya K is pointing to her summer sausage.
Maya K: "Mommy, soap."
Mommy: "No, that's not soap, silly. That's meat."
Maya K: "Soap, Mommy!!!"
(Now she starts making her hand shake as she points to the meat.)
Mommy: "Oh!!!! Do you want SALT?????"
Maya K: "YES!!!! Soap!!!"
*****************************************
Maya K is having trouble identifying a snake. When I point to it, she says "snowman" :-). I guess they do start with the same two letters!!!!


So adorable. Her English skills are coming along quickly though! For seven weeks, that is amazing. I wonder how many of us adults could learn so quickly in just over a month and a half?!
ReplyDelete"I see you" was Ryan's first complete sentence, too . . . and he had a tp tube to go with it! LOL
ReplyDeleteThis is SOOOO FUN!! What a GREAT IDEA, PAM!! Thanks again for the glimpses into your lives! :-)
ReplyDeleteOH, I'm just loving all your posts, Pam!! :) Such a sweetie! Love the funny things kids say! :) And it must be such fun to see all the things that are new to her! :)
ReplyDelete