Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Widow's Mite

And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.  And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.  And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, "Verily I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:  For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living."
-- Mark 12:41-44

Pam ~ I was sitting at my desk in my classroom this morning before school started when 3 former students came into my room carrying an envelope.  They handed it to me and said, "This is for you to get your kids."  I looked at the envelope and read "Kids' Lemonade $".

Their mom told me that when her kids heard I was adopting two kids from Ethiopia {all 3 of these former students were adopted domestically} they started talking about what they could do to help {ages 6, 9, and 9}.  They had a little "meeting" and decided that they wanted to give me the money they had saved from selling lemonade this summer.  They had been saving it for something special and decided that they wanted me to have it to help bring my kids home!!!!

My eyes were very wet as I gave all three of them a giant hug!!!!  They gave me all the money they had to help bring my children home!!!!  The amount they gave is small in light of the total adoption costs, but it is one of the LARGEST gifts we will ever receive!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it cool how God can work through children? They will remember this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, I have tears in my eyes reading this - what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete