We are considering the possibility of adding a PayPal "donate" button to our blog. This would enable our friends, family members, and blog readers to participate in our fund-raising efforts without having to contact us via e-mail to arrange payment. If a person wanted to sponsor a puzzle piece, they would be able to simply click on the "donate" button, pay via PayPal and leave a note letting us know the payment was for a puzzle piece. The same would be true for a new fund-raiser we will be posting about on Friday.
Advantages
1) Less hassle in sending a check by mail
2) Immediate payment
3) Easier method for those friends we don't see in person often
Disadvantages
1) PayPal charges a percentage of the money that comes in
2) Some people are hesitant to pay on-line


What is the percentage? If it isn't very much I would say it doesn't hurt to provide more options. Love you guys, we need to get together again soon!
ReplyDeleteI think it's a good idea. :) People could pay via paypal for their pictures too, if they wanted. :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to be disagreeable, but I always dislike it when a percentage of my gift goes to something other than what I give it for. However, I realize that I don't have to use PenPal and maybe it would be better for some.
ReplyDeletePam~ I am so sorry you asked me this question and only now did I realize that I did not get back to you. We went with it, and God has blessed so much via our paypal donation button. Yes, we do lose a percentage, but I think it is so minimal when considering a lot of these people may not have donated at all otherwise. Make sense? Pray about it, but I think it is a good move - personally.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that Paypal only takes money from the person's checking account means that they're not using a credit card. You don't "lose" if someone doesn't have any money in their personal account; the money never gets transferred. Ebay only accepts Paypal, now, because it is the safest way to make transactions for everyone. (I think there are other options for international buyers.) I think the best thing to consider is that this would give people options to be more anonymous in-town or long-distance. I hope that makes sense. : ) We love you both no matter what you decide. We are so looking forward to the Lord continuing to expand your family in His will and timing. That's what this is all about. "How" you get there is most likely going to happen in many, many different ways. Paypal, in my opinion, would be a great option to consider. : )
ReplyDeleteThe ease and convenience of PayPal will prompt some to make their intended donation right away when they might otherwise delay. Others will stick with other methods but it is a good idea to merely add another option of method to donate.
ReplyDelete