Pam ~ Today was my first day of school. It's been a tiring week leading up to this day, but I was awake and ready to begin this morning.
Sunday ~ We left for church at 9 a.m. and didn't return home until 9:30 p.m. It was a full day with Sunday School, morning service, church lunch, afternoon service, YACS {our college group that we help with} photo scavenger hunt, fellowship with the YACS at a church family's home, and stopping by Dahl's on our way home to deposit all the soda cans that were hanging out in my car. {I didn't get it done on Saturday like I planned.}
Monday ~ I left for school at 7:15 a.m. and didn't get home until 8:45 p.m. I spent the morning finishing preparing my classroom {bulletin boards, name tags, etc.} and the afternoon was spent preparing all the paperwork for the evening's parent orientation. Throw in a 3:30 p.m. teacher meeting and a little conversation, along with the 6:00 p.m. parent orientation, and you have my day.
Tuesday ~ I left home at 8:10 a.m. for a chiropractor appointment, followed by a trip to the post-office, and a stop at my sister's house to see my parents one more time before they headed home to AZ. I spent a little time with my nephews {of course!!!}, sister and parents, and then headed to school. From 10:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. was spent in final classroom preparation ~ lesson plans, student lists, curriculum ready, etc. I had aftercare from 3:30-5:30 p.m. and then students began arriving at 6:00 p.m. for their play time "orientation." I ended the day by sorting and putting away all the students' supplies and making sure everything was ready for the first day of school. I was finally home at 9:15 p.m.
Wednesday {Today} ~ Students began arriving at 7:50 a.m. and there was only ONE crier!!!! And even that was only for a minute. I am very excited for this school year!!! We had a GREAT first day and the afternoon has started very well {3 out of 5 students are sleeping right now}. I'm praying for each one of my students and for the ability to teach them and train them in the Word of God!!!!


So glad you had a great first day & only ONE with tears! Only 2 more days & then... THE WEEKEND!
ReplyDelete