Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

God's Will

Nate ~ I know it's been a while since I had anything to say and Pam requested that I think of something.  Believe me, I've had plenty to say, I just haven't remembered to get it typed out for her to post it.  So, here I go.

I have been learning a lot and God has been challenging me a lot.  Challenging me about my relationship with Pam, my relationship with other believers, my allowing God to be in control of my life, my heart and attitude towards Jesus Christ . . . I could continue, but it would probably be a long list.  Here is just one thing that I was challenged with recently.  When we seek to know God's will, we are not to come at it from a perspective of "God, please show me Your will and I will decide if I'll do it or not."  We may not think we do that, but we do it all the time.  No, we are to come to God with a heart of "God, I will do Your will no matter what, please show me that will so that I can do it."  It's amazing what the difference is.

Here is another one.  A certain man sees a pastor during the week and says, "Pastor, I don't go to church anymore because it's so full of hypocrites."  The pastor responds excitedly, "I KNOW!  Isn't it great?  The God of the universe is willing to love a bunch of hypocrites like us."  Be encouraged.  God knows that we are only human and He still loves us unconditionally because Jesus Christ died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment