Maya K: "Mommy, may I not sleep tonight?"
Me: "No, Maya K. You still have to go to bed and sleep just like you do every night."
Maya K: "But I know that people have LOTS more fun when they don't sleep!!!"
****************************************
While watching "Kung Fu Panda".........
Maya K: "He's a really good fighter!!!"
Me: "Yes, he is. But should you ever fight like that, Maya K?"
Maya K: "No!!! Because I am not even a pretend person!!!"
****************************************
Maya K: "The bunny!!! Remember the bunny???? That's the one I'm talking about. The bunny.........the bunny.......bugs!!!!"
(She was talking about Bugs Bunny!!!!!)
****************************************
Me: "I love being your mommy!!!"
Maya K: "Me too. I love being your kid!!! That's why I can get you some water when you have a headache and be your little kid."
****************************************
There were five strawberries at lunchtime. So I asked Maya K how many we each could have. She very quickly came to the conclusion that we each could have two and I needed to cut the last one and we could share it.
Me: "That was a very good answer, Maya K. You just did some MATH!!!!"
Maya K: "May I tell you what 'maff' is?"
(We work on saying "math" correctly.)
Me: "Yes, you may. What do you think 'math' is?"
Maya K: "Math is when someone has a good idea like cutting the strawberry. A good idea with numbers is called 'math'."
Me: "No, Maya K. You still have to go to bed and sleep just like you do every night."
Maya K: "But I know that people have LOTS more fun when they don't sleep!!!"
****************************************
While watching "Kung Fu Panda".........
Maya K: "He's a really good fighter!!!"
Me: "Yes, he is. But should you ever fight like that, Maya K?"
Maya K: "No!!! Because I am not even a pretend person!!!"
****************************************
Maya K: "The bunny!!! Remember the bunny???? That's the one I'm talking about. The bunny.........the bunny.......bugs!!!!"
(She was talking about Bugs Bunny!!!!!)
****************************************
Me: "I love being your mommy!!!"
Maya K: "Me too. I love being your kid!!! That's why I can get you some water when you have a headache and be your little kid."
****************************************
There were five strawberries at lunchtime. So I asked Maya K how many we each could have. She very quickly came to the conclusion that we each could have two and I needed to cut the last one and we could share it.
Me: "That was a very good answer, Maya K. You just did some MATH!!!!"
Maya K: "May I tell you what 'maff' is?"
(We work on saying "math" correctly.)
Me: "Yes, you may. What do you think 'math' is?"
Maya K: "Math is when someone has a good idea like cutting the strawberry. A good idea with numbers is called 'math'."


No comments:
Post a Comment