September 14, 2013 ~ "Mommy, it's like this side of me (touches the left side of her chest) wants to obey and be good and this other side of me (touches the right side of her chest) just wants to keep sinning." ~ Maya K. "For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do." ~ Galatians 5:17
September 15, 2013 ~ To go to church or not :-(. My throat started hurting late last night and Maya K was up for over an hour in the night and is still sleeping. I think we're going to wait and see what time she finally wakes up!!!
I don't feel good :-(.
Me: "I'm going to pop some popcorn for dinner tonight while we watch Little House on the Prairie."
Maya K: (HORRIFIED expression on her face) ".........no??? You are just tricking me, right, Mommy?????"
Me: "No. Since I don't feel good and don't feel like making dinner I thought we would just have popcorn for a special dinner treat."
Maya K: "(still horrified) ".......You wouldn't really do that, right, Mommy?"
Me: "Well, I was going to. Do you want something different for dinner?"
Maya K: "Yes. I thought I could just have some leftovers. Please, Mommy?!?!?"
Me: "Well, maybe I'll just have some popcorn for dinner then."
Maya K: (shaking her finger in my face) "NO!!!!! You need to eat some healthy food!!!!!"
September 16, 2013 ~ I have a cold. I need to buy food. I don't want to leave the house. Oh well. I'm an adult. I'm a mommy who wants/needs to feed her daughter better food than whatever I can find in the cupboards. I'll go shopping. I guess.
Progress is a wonderful thing!!! After being home for almost a year, we are making progress in the food department!!! In the past month, Maya K now likes green bean casserole, soup (!!!), and the new one tonight is Bbq sloppy joes!!!! We have been consistently having her try a small amount of anything that is new to her (or that she didn't like the last time) and then telling her that she HAS to eat the small amount we give her but if she really doesn't like it we'll give her something else (normally something that is only an "okay" food for her). She is learning to like things!!!!
September 17, 2013 ~ Stay tuned!!! Maya K finally got a "yes" answer to the prayer she has been praying for many weeks. She got to play in the rain!!!! Video is loading to YouTube right now.
September 18, 2013 ~ I'm such a "mean" mommy!!! I made Maya K do school today (she's not feeling well). But, she is done and now it's time to cuddle up on the sofa with a movie :-).
Lunch today is chicken noodle soup, crackers, and hot chocolate. Yummy!!!
Her fever has been climbing today and is up to 101.7*. I know that isn't too crazy high, but she has only had a fever once since coming home a year ago and that was 99.5*ish one time after her shots. My first instinct is to not give her anything for the fever but let the fever run its course because it is a sign of the body fighting something. But it sure is hard to see her so droopy and not feeling well :-(.
September 19, 2013 ~ Maya K's fever left in the night and she is fever free this morning and as active and full of question as ever!!!!!
Let's try a schedule change today. Normally, we do school in the morning and then run any needed errands in the afternoon. But the forecast is calling for rain, so we are going to run our errands this morning and do school (hopefully) this afternoon. Here's hoping!!!!
September 20, 2013 ~ Maya K and I get to take a mini day-trip to visit Erin and her family!!! Lots of FUN is expected to be had!!!!
September 15, 2013 ~ To go to church or not :-(. My throat started hurting late last night and Maya K was up for over an hour in the night and is still sleeping. I think we're going to wait and see what time she finally wakes up!!!
I don't feel good :-(.
Me: "I'm going to pop some popcorn for dinner tonight while we watch Little House on the Prairie."
Maya K: (HORRIFIED expression on her face) ".........no??? You are just tricking me, right, Mommy?????"
Me: "No. Since I don't feel good and don't feel like making dinner I thought we would just have popcorn for a special dinner treat."
Maya K: "(still horrified) ".......You wouldn't really do that, right, Mommy?"
Me: "Well, I was going to. Do you want something different for dinner?"
Maya K: "Yes. I thought I could just have some leftovers. Please, Mommy?!?!?"
Me: "Well, maybe I'll just have some popcorn for dinner then."
Maya K: (shaking her finger in my face) "NO!!!!! You need to eat some healthy food!!!!!"
September 16, 2013 ~ I have a cold. I need to buy food. I don't want to leave the house. Oh well. I'm an adult. I'm a mommy who wants/needs to feed her daughter better food than whatever I can find in the cupboards. I'll go shopping. I guess.
Progress is a wonderful thing!!! After being home for almost a year, we are making progress in the food department!!! In the past month, Maya K now likes green bean casserole, soup (!!!), and the new one tonight is Bbq sloppy joes!!!! We have been consistently having her try a small amount of anything that is new to her (or that she didn't like the last time) and then telling her that she HAS to eat the small amount we give her but if she really doesn't like it we'll give her something else (normally something that is only an "okay" food for her). She is learning to like things!!!!
September 17, 2013 ~ Stay tuned!!! Maya K finally got a "yes" answer to the prayer she has been praying for many weeks. She got to play in the rain!!!! Video is loading to YouTube right now.
September 18, 2013 ~ I'm such a "mean" mommy!!! I made Maya K do school today (she's not feeling well). But, she is done and now it's time to cuddle up on the sofa with a movie :-).
Lunch today is chicken noodle soup, crackers, and hot chocolate. Yummy!!!
Her fever has been climbing today and is up to 101.7*. I know that isn't too crazy high, but she has only had a fever once since coming home a year ago and that was 99.5*ish one time after her shots. My first instinct is to not give her anything for the fever but let the fever run its course because it is a sign of the body fighting something. But it sure is hard to see her so droopy and not feeling well :-(.
September 19, 2013 ~ Maya K's fever left in the night and she is fever free this morning and as active and full of question as ever!!!!!
Let's try a schedule change today. Normally, we do school in the morning and then run any needed errands in the afternoon. But the forecast is calling for rain, so we are going to run our errands this morning and do school (hopefully) this afternoon. Here's hoping!!!!
September 20, 2013 ~ Maya K and I get to take a mini day-trip to visit Erin and her family!!! Lots of FUN is expected to be had!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment