Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, September 13, 2013

FB Friday

September 7, 2013 ~ "I'm super, snooper, duper, luper, SOOOOOOOOOO tired tonight!!!!" ~ Maya K

September 8, 2013 ~ I'm not sure what is going on with Maya K today. She slept hard all night (even slept in about 15 minutes later than normal) and has been EXHAUSTED all morning!!! She even almost fell asleep on my lap during the singing at church. She has not been her normal energetic self. She went down easily and quickly for her Sunday afternoon nap and I am hoping that she sleeps longer than normal!!!

September 9, 2013 ~ I'm having one of "those" mornings. The kitchen looks like it threw up over the weekend, the bathrooms need to be cleaned, I haven't finished making the menu for September, I need to make a grocery shopping trip to two stores, breakfast needs to be made, homeschooling needs to be done, laundry is waiting to be put away, and on the list goes. I'm not really "feeling" like doing any of it :-(. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." :-)

If you see Maya K and I at the store today, please just ignore the fact that she is wearing a hat because I haven't done her hair today!!!!

I'm so mean. Dinner tonight is something that Maya K DOES NOT like (green bean casserole) so I'm letting her choose between the casserole (after she eats a little of it) and a ham and cheese sandwich (another meal that is NOT her favorite). Poor girl :-(. Life is HARD!!!!

Maya K has a tiny  hangnail and I have chosen to NOT put a band-aid on it. She just wrapped a large piece of toilet paper around her finger and taped it :-).

September 11, 2013 ~ Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............To do school or to have a lazy day with movies and popcorn???? (We were going to go to the zoo today, but the weather is telling us "no".) I think that we are going to have a lazy day. We have already done 17 days of school, so I don't feel too bad :-).

Melkem Addis Amet ~ Happy Ethiopian New Year 2006!!!!

We're watching "Pippi Longstocking."

September 13, 2013 ~ I just found Maya K upstairs cleaning the bathroom!!! She had swept the floor and was wiping down the back of the toilet with a wet piece of TOILET PAPER!!! She told me that she wanted to surprise me :-). I suggested that she use a washcloth and that I did NOT want her to wash INSIDE the toilet!!! "This was just for your treat, Mommy. Not every time, but maybe I do it again next time for your second treat. Maybe four days and then I do it again. Just for your treat."

I've started the process of going through the containers of clothes that were given to us last year when Maya K came home and  pulling out the fall/winter clothes that she has grown into. It's going to take a few days to get everything sorted!!! And then I can see what "gaps" need to be filled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment