August 31, 2013 ~ One of Maya K's current FAVORITE things to do (along with her FAVORITE word - "favorite") is to cut with her scissors. Today she is cutting up pipe cleaners.
Maya K got to ask a million and one questions at the veterinary clinic today (for our cat's apt.). How many of you think I should be able to count this as a school field trip???? :-)
September 2, 2013 ~ Context: Maya K has a "cow clock" that has a dancing cow that lights up at 7 a.m. This lets her know when she can get out of bed. We were up late last night and Maya K was still sleeping at 7:30 a.m. She woke up around 7:40ish and came downstairs right away (normally she stays in her room for a while playing while she wakes up). She was VERY sleepy and confused!!!! "Mommy, why did the cow wake up so FAST?!?! I was still tired!!!!" ~ Maya K
Our morning was spent taking everything out of our garage, cleaning the garage, sorting/tossing some of the things that had been in our garage, and then putting everything back in the garage. I'm GLAD it's all DONE!!!!
September 4, 2013 ~ I am desiring chocolate and Mt. Dew right now. Just sayin'. In case anyone cares.
We got to spend some time with some adoptive friends at the park on Monday :-). Carmen and I became friends early in our adoption journey and it was fun to get to introduce our kids to each other!!! They got along well right from the beginning and had fun playing together!!!
I just threw away my very first Barbie :-(. The head broke off many years ago, but I had kept the body because I would use it as a store mannequin. But it was discolored and very sticky and it was time for her to go :-(. We have chosen to not buy Barbies for Maya K, but I brought in the container of my old Barbies and let Maya K and K play with them today :-).
September 6, 2013 ~ It's gonna be a busy day!!! School this morning, hopefully a quick trip to WalMart before lunch, early afternoon attorney apt (to start the readoption process), home to get a couple chores done and eat dinner, and then Nathan and I get to go out for a movie date tonight!!!
Some days I just feel amazed!!!
I've got all of Maya K's important documents in my purse. You'd better believe that I'm going to be hanging on to my purse like my life depends on it this afternoon!!!!
Have I mentioned how little Maya K and I have been apart since she came home? Yes. I know. I have mentioned it several times. You are all probably tired of reading this AGAIN. I am going to the State Ladies' Retreat tomorrow and I have to leave before Maya K will be awake. This is the first time in over 11 months that Maya K will wake up and I will not be right there with her. She was feeling a little emotional about it tonight :-(. I'm feeling a little emotional about it tonight :-(. Please pray that she will wake up feeling okay about me being gone and that she and Nathan will have a good morning together. I chose to not go to the retreat today and be gone overnight because we haven't done THAT on yet either!!! One of these days I will be brave enough to leave her for a night. One day.
Maya K got to ask a million and one questions at the veterinary clinic today (for our cat's apt.). How many of you think I should be able to count this as a school field trip???? :-)
September 2, 2013 ~ Context: Maya K has a "cow clock" that has a dancing cow that lights up at 7 a.m. This lets her know when she can get out of bed. We were up late last night and Maya K was still sleeping at 7:30 a.m. She woke up around 7:40ish and came downstairs right away (normally she stays in her room for a while playing while she wakes up). She was VERY sleepy and confused!!!! "Mommy, why did the cow wake up so FAST?!?! I was still tired!!!!" ~ Maya K
Our morning was spent taking everything out of our garage, cleaning the garage, sorting/tossing some of the things that had been in our garage, and then putting everything back in the garage. I'm GLAD it's all DONE!!!!
September 4, 2013 ~ I am desiring chocolate and Mt. Dew right now. Just sayin'. In case anyone cares.
We got to spend some time with some adoptive friends at the park on Monday :-). Carmen and I became friends early in our adoption journey and it was fun to get to introduce our kids to each other!!! They got along well right from the beginning and had fun playing together!!!
I just threw away my very first Barbie :-(. The head broke off many years ago, but I had kept the body because I would use it as a store mannequin. But it was discolored and very sticky and it was time for her to go :-(. We have chosen to not buy Barbies for Maya K, but I brought in the container of my old Barbies and let Maya K and K play with them today :-).
September 6, 2013 ~ It's gonna be a busy day!!! School this morning, hopefully a quick trip to WalMart before lunch, early afternoon attorney apt (to start the readoption process), home to get a couple chores done and eat dinner, and then Nathan and I get to go out for a movie date tonight!!!
Some days I just feel amazed!!!
| September 17, 2012 |
| August 21, 2013 |
Have I mentioned how little Maya K and I have been apart since she came home? Yes. I know. I have mentioned it several times. You are all probably tired of reading this AGAIN. I am going to the State Ladies' Retreat tomorrow and I have to leave before Maya K will be awake. This is the first time in over 11 months that Maya K will wake up and I will not be right there with her. She was feeling a little emotional about it tonight :-(. I'm feeling a little emotional about it tonight :-(. Please pray that she will wake up feeling okay about me being gone and that she and Nathan will have a good morning together. I chose to not go to the retreat today and be gone overnight because we haven't done THAT on yet either!!! One of these days I will be brave enough to leave her for a night. One day.



No comments:
Post a Comment