September 23, 2013 ~ Happy Gotcha Day, Maya K!!!! (This picture was taken just moments after she ran around the building and jumped into my arms!!! I "think" she was supposed to be waiting inside for us to come get her!!!)
I thought I had today's plans well under control. A slower start to the morning (we are out late on Sunday nights with our college kids), muffins for breakfast, school, craft time, lunch, quiet time, trip to the store for a balloon, outside time, and out for dinner to celebrate "Gotcha Day". Well...............I forgot that it's supposed to be my day to grocery shop :-(. I'm not exactly sure how to work a trip to three stores into my schedule!!!
This is the first video we took of Maya Kisanet Joy Maxwell after we had picked her up and taken her back to the guesthouse we were staying in. She is such a silly little girl!!!
It is so crazy to look through the photos from our Embassy trip (a year ago!!) and see how much our little girl has grown and changed. I also see/understand so many more emotions on her face. Some of her expressions that look so happy are the same look she makes when she is feeling BIG emotions and doesn't know how to express them :-(. Many of the pictures make me feel a little sad now as I see the confusion and sadness in her smile.
September 24, 2013 ~ Maya K prayed that everyone in the whole world has nice dreams tonight. So, YOU have been prayed for by my daughter tonight :-).
Wow!!! A walk down memory lane found me this picture. We look like babies!!!
September 25, 2013 ~ Does patience come in a bottle format??? Oh yeah!!! It's called Mt. Dew!!! And I don't have any today :-(.
Tonight is Maya K's first night of AWANA!! And it's Crazy Hat Night :-). She's "creating" right now!! Stay tuned!!!
Maya K is making her crazy hat for AWANA tonight. I am making spaghetti.
Because of the first, I am having trouble with the second.
Any thoughts as to WHY this is a problem?!?!
September 26, 2013 ~ Boring. Irritating. Imagination. Important. Frustrating. These are all "new" words in Maya K's vocabulary. Sometimes they are used in context. Most of the time they are not.
We had a VERY successful first trip to Toys 'R Us this morning and Maya K is now a very happy little girl!! She has loved Daniel Tiger for quite a while now and they recently released a line of toys :-). She spent her money on the "Transformation Treehouse", so if you have given her money in this year that she has been home, YOU are a part of this happiness!!! Thank you!!!!
I'm giddy excited over a book I found at the book sale tonight!!! I have tried for YEARS to remember a specific line/poem from a book I remember reading to my brother when he was little. But I could never remember more than the first part. I have asked people, google searched, etc. and never found it. Well, I FOUND THE BOOK TONIGHT!!! In case you are wondering, the book is "The Train to Timbuctoo"!!!!
September 27, 2013 ~ Dishes. Need I say more.
A year ago today, we were spending our last day in Ethiopia. This was the last time Maya Kisanet ate her favorite food, injera, in her home country :-(. It's a little sad for me to watch, but I am so thankful I thought to record it. In case you have ever wondered what injera is and how to eat it, enjoy!!!
Maya K: "Mommy, look!!! I'm a God-Mary!!!"
Me: (laughing) "I think you mean a fairy godmother!!!!"
I thought I had today's plans well under control. A slower start to the morning (we are out late on Sunday nights with our college kids), muffins for breakfast, school, craft time, lunch, quiet time, trip to the store for a balloon, outside time, and out for dinner to celebrate "Gotcha Day". Well...............I forgot that it's supposed to be my day to grocery shop :-(. I'm not exactly sure how to work a trip to three stores into my schedule!!!
This is the first video we took of Maya Kisanet Joy Maxwell after we had picked her up and taken her back to the guesthouse we were staying in. She is such a silly little girl!!!
It is so crazy to look through the photos from our Embassy trip (a year ago!!) and see how much our little girl has grown and changed. I also see/understand so many more emotions on her face. Some of her expressions that look so happy are the same look she makes when she is feeling BIG emotions and doesn't know how to express them :-(. Many of the pictures make me feel a little sad now as I see the confusion and sadness in her smile.
September 24, 2013 ~ Maya K prayed that everyone in the whole world has nice dreams tonight. So, YOU have been prayed for by my daughter tonight :-).
Wow!!! A walk down memory lane found me this picture. We look like babies!!!
September 25, 2013 ~ Does patience come in a bottle format??? Oh yeah!!! It's called Mt. Dew!!! And I don't have any today :-(.
Tonight is Maya K's first night of AWANA!! And it's Crazy Hat Night :-). She's "creating" right now!! Stay tuned!!!
Maya K is making her crazy hat for AWANA tonight. I am making spaghetti.
Because of the first, I am having trouble with the second.
Any thoughts as to WHY this is a problem?!?!
September 26, 2013 ~ Boring. Irritating. Imagination. Important. Frustrating. These are all "new" words in Maya K's vocabulary. Sometimes they are used in context. Most of the time they are not.
We had a VERY successful first trip to Toys 'R Us this morning and Maya K is now a very happy little girl!! She has loved Daniel Tiger for quite a while now and they recently released a line of toys :-). She spent her money on the "Transformation Treehouse", so if you have given her money in this year that she has been home, YOU are a part of this happiness!!! Thank you!!!!
I'm giddy excited over a book I found at the book sale tonight!!! I have tried for YEARS to remember a specific line/poem from a book I remember reading to my brother when he was little. But I could never remember more than the first part. I have asked people, google searched, etc. and never found it. Well, I FOUND THE BOOK TONIGHT!!! In case you are wondering, the book is "The Train to Timbuctoo"!!!!
September 27, 2013 ~ Dishes. Need I say more.
A year ago today, we were spending our last day in Ethiopia. This was the last time Maya Kisanet ate her favorite food, injera, in her home country :-(. It's a little sad for me to watch, but I am so thankful I thought to record it. In case you have ever wondered what injera is and how to eat it, enjoy!!!
Maya K: "Mommy, look!!! I'm a God-Mary!!!"
Me: (laughing) "I think you mean a fairy godmother!!!!"



No comments:
Post a Comment