Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Adoption Friendships

Pam ~ One of the blessing of our adoption journey that I hadn't expected was making new friends within our adoption community.  Our agency {America World} has a Yahoo group for those of us who are adopting from Ethiopia and it has been SUCH a wealth of information and encouragement over the past few months.  I have been especially interested in connecting with other Ethiopian adoption families here in our own state so that our children will have some friends from their home country.

One of these new friends is Megan.  She and her husband are adopting a little girl from Ethiopia and were DTE {Dossier To Ethiopia} on 11/4/10.  She and I have also connected via Facebook and it has been great getting to know her and her family a little.  It was such a blessing when she and her husband and two sons stopped by our house a few weeks ago and we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of Christian and adoption fellowship!!!

This past Friday, I received an e-mail from Megan telling me about an open house that a group from her area is having this coming Saturday.  Megan was asked if she would like to have a fundraiser for her adoption at this open house, and she instead contacted me and asked if she could have a fundraiser for ME at this open house!!!  She has been such an encouragement to me and I am thankful that the Lord brought her into my life!!!

Megan blogs about her family's adoption journey over at her blog.  Why don't you go read her story????

Would you join me in praying for the success of Saturday's fundraiser?  We are soooooooooooooo very close to having the money we need to submit our dossier!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I hope the fundraiser will put you over the top of your thermometer!

    Carmen D.

    ReplyDelete