Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Ramblings

Pam ~ Nathan and I made the decision this year to not exchange Christmas presents with our adult relatives or each other.  It just didn't seem like the right thing to do when we are working so hard to raise the money we need to bring our babies home to us.  We did go ahead and purchase gifts for our nieces and nephews, but we asked our family members to "exclude" us from the normal gift exchange.

It has really been a blessing to me this year to not be rushing around and gathering gifts from hither and yon.  Don't get me wrong.  I have no problem with people exchanging Christmas presents and I enjoy giving and receiving presents just as much as anyone else, but my priorities are different this year.  I don't need any more "stuff" and what I want more than anything else is to fill my home with the sounds and laughter of our two children.  I am praying with all my heart that by this time next year we will be celebrating Christmas with our two little ones!!!

When Nathan and I decided to not exchange presents with each other, we did talk about what we would do to celebrate Christmas this year.  We have made a tradition of going out on Christmas Eve and driving around looking at Christmas lights and then coming home to watch a Christmas movie with hot chocolate, and I am looking forward to doing that again this year (weather permitting).  I am half way done with baking all my Christmas goodies and am hoping to deliver them to our neighbors tonight.  Then, we also decided to go see the new Narnia movie on Christmas Eve day.  I've heard good things about it and I'm looking forward to seeing it TOMORROW!!!!  And then, the last thing we decided to do, we are going out to eat at HuHots!!!!  We very rarely go out to eat so this is a very special treat to ourselves.  I have only eaten at HuHots once but it was delicious!!!!  We are going there tonight (hoping it's a little less busy than Christmas Eve or Christmas Day will be) and I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!  And then, to top it all off, Nathan has tomorrow and Monday off from work, so we get a four day weekend TOGETHER!!!!  It doesn't get much better than that!!!!

(BTW.  We were able to celebrate with Nathan's sister and her family a couple Sunday evenings ago, and we will also be getting together with my sister and her family tomorrow morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment