Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 16, 2013

FB Friday

August 10, 2013 ~ Have you ever had one of those days where you feel like life's biggest failure in every possible way but especially as a mommy? That was my morning :-(. Nathan has tried to counteract this feeling by putting me to bed for a 3 hour nap, making the pizza crust dough blue, and then buying me a Mt. Dew slushy and chocolate when I woke up :-).

At this very moment, one year ago, we were on a plane to Ethiopia to meet our little girl for the very first time. My heart was sooooooo very excited and also VERY scared!!!! Our "Meetcha Day" anniversary is TOMORROW!!!!

August 11, 2013 ~ One year ago today.......We finally met our little girl!!!!!

Nathan gave her two Sprees. Heaven help us!!!!

We celebrated our "Meetcha Day" by watching the video of those very first moments together with Maya K before she went to bed. She wanted to watch more and more!!!!

August 14, 2013 ~ One year ago today, we sat in an Ethiopia judge's "courtroom" and heard her tell us that Kisanet Nathan Maxwell was now and forever officially our DAUGHTER!!!!

"Less talking, more eating.......less clapping, more eating......less silly, more eating.......less singing, more eating.......less talking, more eating......less faces, more eating......less laughing, more eating." This is what I am listening to at lunch today. The GIRLS are telling each other these things NON-STOP while they are "eating."

August 16, 2013 ~ We start school today!!!! Maya K is running around saying, "I am super, super excited to......eat the mushroom!!!!" (We bought some large portabella mushrooms and THAT is what she is excited about the day!!!).

First day of school = DONE!!! It only took an hour today :-).

Our first day of school dinner is DRUMSTICKS!!! Maya K has been asking for chicken on the bone for a while now. Anyone who knows me well knows that I can't stand eating meat off a bone. Can. Not. Do. It. I love my daughter. We are having drumsticks = chicken on a bone. She gave me a HUGE hug when I told her what we are having for dinner tonight :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment