July 27, 2013 ~ It's been a BUSY day!!! Two family Bday parties (LOTS of fun!!!) = a tired/cranky daughter and a tired mommy and daddy!!! I am feeling thankful for a late afternoon quiet time!!!
July 28, 2013 ~ We're heading for VBS with a tired/grumpy/cranky little girl who is EXCITED for Vacation Bible School. Prayers would be appreciated!!! :-)
July 29, 2013 ~ I just went to make my shopping list and realized that I haven't made my menu for August. And, since August begins this week, I can't do my shopping list until I first do the menu. Oh dear. I guess I know the first thing on my "to do" list for today!!!!
I'm teaching the lesson at VBS tomorrow evening and am trying to prepare. But I keep getting distracted!!!
"Mommy, I liked my nap. Thank you." Said by a sleepy face little girl with a BIG yawn!!!
July 30, 2013 ~
Maya K: "Mommy, do you know why I like it when you answer me things?"
Me: (I guess a whole bunch of "silly things, and then ask her to tell me.)
Maya K: "Do you need a clue? It's something that I LOVE to do."
Me: "You love to talk."
Maya K: "YES!!! You guessed it really good, Mommy!!!"
Cranky little girl = stressful morning = little girl "gets" to take a nap = mommy trying to get VBS lesson finished = 30 minutes into naptime and mommy about to go check to see if sleeping is happening = doorbell ringing = CRANKY mommy!!!!
I'm out of practice!! I taught two 40 minute Bible lessons at VBS tonight and I'm exhausted!!! I used to do this all day, five days a week!!!
July 31, 2013 ~ Maya K just came upstairs and said "I'm doing a surprise so that you see that I can cut some food and do all the dishes. It's a surprise that I can clean and then you will let me cut ALL the food and clean ALL the dishes!!!" (She is currently sweeping the entry way floor and I "don't know about it"!!!)
It's lotion mixing time!!!
August 1, 2013 ~ I'm a "non-scientifically minded" person. Maya K is currently drawing a picture of a stomach, complete with blood "floating" in and around the body. I think I'm in trouble!!!!
August 2, 2013 ~ Maya K "normally" sleeps from 8:30-7ish. Well, she went to sleep at 11 p.m. and woke up at 6:30 a.m. Let's see how today goes :-(.
Thanks to a toy study that Maya K went and participated in this morning, she now has her first set of Polly Pockets to play with :-). She's having fun!!!!
Me: "Maya K, look over there. That is the capitol building."
Maya K: "What is the 'capitol building'?"
Me: "That is where some people go to make the laws or rules that the people who live in Iowa need to obey."
Maya K: "Oh!!!! They are the ones that say 'You can't go potty outside because there are lots of people around'??? They are the ones that make that rule????"
"I think Mommy and Daddy are going to have to learn ALL of the questions, because I am curious!!! ~ Maya K
SOMEONE needs sleep!!!!
Nathan is giving me a DAY OFF tomorrow!!! What should I do?!?!
July 28, 2013 ~ We're heading for VBS with a tired/grumpy/cranky little girl who is EXCITED for Vacation Bible School. Prayers would be appreciated!!! :-)
July 29, 2013 ~ I just went to make my shopping list and realized that I haven't made my menu for August. And, since August begins this week, I can't do my shopping list until I first do the menu. Oh dear. I guess I know the first thing on my "to do" list for today!!!!
I'm teaching the lesson at VBS tomorrow evening and am trying to prepare. But I keep getting distracted!!!
"Mommy, I liked my nap. Thank you." Said by a sleepy face little girl with a BIG yawn!!!
July 30, 2013 ~
Maya K: "Mommy, do you know why I like it when you answer me things?"
Me: (I guess a whole bunch of "silly things, and then ask her to tell me.)
Maya K: "Do you need a clue? It's something that I LOVE to do."
Me: "You love to talk."
Maya K: "YES!!! You guessed it really good, Mommy!!!"
Cranky little girl = stressful morning = little girl "gets" to take a nap = mommy trying to get VBS lesson finished = 30 minutes into naptime and mommy about to go check to see if sleeping is happening = doorbell ringing = CRANKY mommy!!!!
I'm out of practice!! I taught two 40 minute Bible lessons at VBS tonight and I'm exhausted!!! I used to do this all day, five days a week!!!
July 31, 2013 ~ Maya K just came upstairs and said "I'm doing a surprise so that you see that I can cut some food and do all the dishes. It's a surprise that I can clean and then you will let me cut ALL the food and clean ALL the dishes!!!" (She is currently sweeping the entry way floor and I "don't know about it"!!!)
It's lotion mixing time!!!
August 1, 2013 ~ I'm a "non-scientifically minded" person. Maya K is currently drawing a picture of a stomach, complete with blood "floating" in and around the body. I think I'm in trouble!!!!
August 2, 2013 ~ Maya K "normally" sleeps from 8:30-7ish. Well, she went to sleep at 11 p.m. and woke up at 6:30 a.m. Let's see how today goes :-(.
Thanks to a toy study that Maya K went and participated in this morning, she now has her first set of Polly Pockets to play with :-). She's having fun!!!!
Me: "Maya K, look over there. That is the capitol building."
Maya K: "What is the 'capitol building'?"
Me: "That is where some people go to make the laws or rules that the people who live in Iowa need to obey."
Maya K: "Oh!!!! They are the ones that say 'You can't go potty outside because there are lots of people around'??? They are the ones that make that rule????"
"I think Mommy and Daddy are going to have to learn ALL of the questions, because I am curious!!! ~ Maya K
SOMEONE needs sleep!!!!
Nathan is giving me a DAY OFF tomorrow!!! What should I do?!?!


No comments:
Post a Comment