January 19, 2013 ~ We pushed and made it to York, Nebraska tonight (same hotel, same room we stayed in a week ago). We've got about 4 hours left tomorrow (we think) and then we'll be HOME!! Maya K is VERY excited to be "come HOME" tomorrow!!
January 20, 2013 ~ We are safely home and the car is unpacked!! Coming home is a GREAT feeling!!!
Maya K has been complaining of her teeth hurting the last couple of days. Silly me; I started checking her bottom two teeth to see if one of them was loose. They aren't. Well.........I just checked her TOP teeth and one of them seems to be barely loose. I guess maybe she's going to lose a top tooth first?!?!
January 21, 2013 ~ My stylin' daughter!!!
New Project = filling six small containers with "quiet time activities" for Maya K. I've got the containers and am ready to start filling!! I've already got several ideas, but I would LOVE some more suggestions of things (I love all the ideas I get when I ask questions like this on FB) to put in them.
January 22, 2013 ~ "Run, Run, Fast as you can, You can't catch me, I'm Maya K." - Can you guess what her favorite book is right now???
The Maxwell house is now the "Maxwell Academy" ;-). I've started doing some "schoolwork" with Maya K!! The plan is to do 15 minutes of "school" each day and slowly increase the amount of time. That way she is ready to officially start Kindergarten next school year. The teacher in me has awakened!!
Wish us luck!! Maya K has her first dental apt. scheduled for tomorrow!! (I called today to set up an apt. assuming that it would be a few weeks out. Nope. Tomorrow morning.)
January 23, 2013 ~ We're back from the dentist and Maya K did an AMAZING job!! They brushed her teeth, polished her teeth, took x-rays of ALL her teeth, fluoride treated her teeth, AND she has NO CAVITIES!!! Praise the Lord!!
Maya K: "Maya K sad"
Me: "Why are you sad?"
Maya K: "Maya K hungry. Maya K sad."
This was said as I put the chicken poppyseed casserole and corn away. This was also said after she had two LARGE helpings of both casserole and corn. Someone has a hard time stopping eating when it is something that she loves :-).
January 24, 2013 ~ Whoever invented the words "what" and "why" has a very special place in my heart. I use the word "special" loosely.
Our life isn't going to go back to "normal" until Maya K's tooth comes out. And it is just BARELY wiggly!! "Maya K teeth come out today?" "No, not today. You're still going to have to wait for awhile." 10 minutes later. "Maya K teeth come out today?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maya K: "What lunch, Mommy?" (translated: "What's for dinner?")
Me: "Hamburger Helper."
Maya K: "What hamburger helper?"
Me: "It's noodles with cow meat."
Maya K: "Yummy. I love cow meat."
January 25, 2013 ~ This is what happens when you have an adorable daughter. You find something on Craigslist, arrange to meet someone to purchase said item, they see your blog on the bottom of your e-mail, and when you meet them they bring your child a gift. A LARGE teddy bear gift!! When you get home, your adorable daughter dresses the LARGE teddy bear in one of her daddy's old t-shirts and begins pretending that she is mommy and the bear is daddy!!
January 20, 2013 ~ We are safely home and the car is unpacked!! Coming home is a GREAT feeling!!!
Maya K has been complaining of her teeth hurting the last couple of days. Silly me; I started checking her bottom two teeth to see if one of them was loose. They aren't. Well.........I just checked her TOP teeth and one of them seems to be barely loose. I guess maybe she's going to lose a top tooth first?!?!
January 21, 2013 ~ My stylin' daughter!!!
New Project = filling six small containers with "quiet time activities" for Maya K. I've got the containers and am ready to start filling!! I've already got several ideas, but I would LOVE some more suggestions of things (I love all the ideas I get when I ask questions like this on FB) to put in them.
January 22, 2013 ~ "Run, Run, Fast as you can, You can't catch me, I'm Maya K." - Can you guess what her favorite book is right now???
The Maxwell house is now the "Maxwell Academy" ;-). I've started doing some "schoolwork" with Maya K!! The plan is to do 15 minutes of "school" each day and slowly increase the amount of time. That way she is ready to officially start Kindergarten next school year. The teacher in me has awakened!!
Wish us luck!! Maya K has her first dental apt. scheduled for tomorrow!! (I called today to set up an apt. assuming that it would be a few weeks out. Nope. Tomorrow morning.)
January 23, 2013 ~ We're back from the dentist and Maya K did an AMAZING job!! They brushed her teeth, polished her teeth, took x-rays of ALL her teeth, fluoride treated her teeth, AND she has NO CAVITIES!!! Praise the Lord!!
![]() |
| (Picture taken on January 16 at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado) |
Me: "Why are you sad?"
Maya K: "Maya K hungry. Maya K sad."
This was said as I put the chicken poppyseed casserole and corn away. This was also said after she had two LARGE helpings of both casserole and corn. Someone has a hard time stopping eating when it is something that she loves :-).
January 24, 2013 ~ Whoever invented the words "what" and "why" has a very special place in my heart. I use the word "special" loosely.
Our life isn't going to go back to "normal" until Maya K's tooth comes out. And it is just BARELY wiggly!! "Maya K teeth come out today?" "No, not today. You're still going to have to wait for awhile." 10 minutes later. "Maya K teeth come out today?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maya K: "What lunch, Mommy?" (translated: "What's for dinner?")
Me: "Hamburger Helper."
Maya K: "What hamburger helper?"
Me: "It's noodles with cow meat."
Maya K: "Yummy. I love cow meat."
January 25, 2013 ~ This is what happens when you have an adorable daughter. You find something on Craigslist, arrange to meet someone to purchase said item, they see your blog on the bottom of your e-mail, and when you meet them they bring your child a gift. A LARGE teddy bear gift!! When you get home, your adorable daughter dresses the LARGE teddy bear in one of her daddy's old t-shirts and begins pretending that she is mommy and the bear is daddy!!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment