January 6, 2013 ~ My daughter changed her socks tonight when she put her pajamas on. When I asked her why she had changed her socks, she told me it was because the first pair didn't match her jammies. Dear me!!!
January 7, 2013 ~ Melkam Gena!! Merry Christmas in Ethiopia!!
Our 3-month post-placement social worker visit is DONE!! We have an amazing social worker and the visit was FUN!! (Although Maya K got VERY hyper and didn't exactly behave as well as normal. She did definitely show off her stamina and language skills!!)
January 8, 2013 ~ We just came inside from playing for over an hour in the snow. We needed that time outside in the fresh air!!
January 9, 2013 ~ I started burning a new candle today. A dangerous candle. One that I'm second-guessing my decision to have bought. Definitely second-guessing my decision to actually BURN the thing. It's called "Whoopie Pie". Guess who is having MAJOR chocolate cravings today?!?!
My new KitchenAid mixer is HERE!!! Now I just want to "play" with it!! (Instead of doing all the things that I NEED to do this afternoon!!)
January 10, 2013 ~ We leave tomorrow on Maya K's first trip since she came home. I told her about our trip yesterday and we've been talking about it ever since. Do you have any idea how many fears we are having to address to calm her?!?! Her life has consisted of trips that equal either being LEFT by someone of having to LEAVE someone permanently behind. Believe me, we won't be leaving her side this trip!!
Have I ever mentioned that I am a horribly stressed out person when I need to pack?? Always have been. That doesn't seem to have changed now that we've added a third person to pack for. In fact, it might have actually gotten worse. Maybe. Definitely.
What do YOU do when you are stressed out about packing for a trip? Me? I vacuum out the trunk of my car!!!
January 11, 2013 ~ We are planning to leave at 2 p.m. today and the morning is not going well. Why did she have to pick TODAY to have us work on obedience?!?! I would have been much happier to work on this yesterday or the day before!! (I know that the uncertainty about the trip is affecting her behavior, but she still has to obey!! There are certain things we just cannot ignore.) Prayers would be appreciated!!
We are safely in York, Nebraska. Maya K did VERY well riding in the car (and she enjoyed watching Curious George on the DVD player!!) and is in good spirits tonight. I got to crawl under a bathroom stall door for the first time, Maya K now knows what a motel is, she got to drink some orange soda in the car (we're pretty confident that she had it in ET, but we haven't given her any since she came home), and she is very happy that we brought her pillow with us!! Hopefully she'll sleep well tonight and then we have a LONG (probably 8-9 hours) drive tomorrow.
Maya K fell asleep FAST tonight!! I'm feeling very thankful and grateful for the way the Lord has blessed the first part of our trip!!
January 7, 2013 ~ Melkam Gena!! Merry Christmas in Ethiopia!!
Our 3-month post-placement social worker visit is DONE!! We have an amazing social worker and the visit was FUN!! (Although Maya K got VERY hyper and didn't exactly behave as well as normal. She did definitely show off her stamina and language skills!!)
January 8, 2013 ~ We just came inside from playing for over an hour in the snow. We needed that time outside in the fresh air!!
January 9, 2013 ~ I started burning a new candle today. A dangerous candle. One that I'm second-guessing my decision to have bought. Definitely second-guessing my decision to actually BURN the thing. It's called "Whoopie Pie". Guess who is having MAJOR chocolate cravings today?!?!
My new KitchenAid mixer is HERE!!! Now I just want to "play" with it!! (Instead of doing all the things that I NEED to do this afternoon!!)
January 10, 2013 ~ We leave tomorrow on Maya K's first trip since she came home. I told her about our trip yesterday and we've been talking about it ever since. Do you have any idea how many fears we are having to address to calm her?!?! Her life has consisted of trips that equal either being LEFT by someone of having to LEAVE someone permanently behind. Believe me, we won't be leaving her side this trip!!
Have I ever mentioned that I am a horribly stressed out person when I need to pack?? Always have been. That doesn't seem to have changed now that we've added a third person to pack for. In fact, it might have actually gotten worse. Maybe. Definitely.
What do YOU do when you are stressed out about packing for a trip? Me? I vacuum out the trunk of my car!!!
January 11, 2013 ~ We are planning to leave at 2 p.m. today and the morning is not going well. Why did she have to pick TODAY to have us work on obedience?!?! I would have been much happier to work on this yesterday or the day before!! (I know that the uncertainty about the trip is affecting her behavior, but she still has to obey!! There are certain things we just cannot ignore.) Prayers would be appreciated!!
We are safely in York, Nebraska. Maya K did VERY well riding in the car (and she enjoyed watching Curious George on the DVD player!!) and is in good spirits tonight. I got to crawl under a bathroom stall door for the first time, Maya K now knows what a motel is, she got to drink some orange soda in the car (we're pretty confident that she had it in ET, but we haven't given her any since she came home), and she is very happy that we brought her pillow with us!! Hopefully she'll sleep well tonight and then we have a LONG (probably 8-9 hours) drive tomorrow.
Maya K fell asleep FAST tonight!! I'm feeling very thankful and grateful for the way the Lord has blessed the first part of our trip!!


No comments:
Post a Comment