Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Winnie the Pooh & a Weekend Visitor


 "A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference."
~ Pooh's Little Instruction Book

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.  "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't.  But there was going to be when I began it.  It's just that something happened to it along the way."
~ Winnie the Pooh

"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."
~ Winnie the Pooh


I bought this fabric sometime during our first year of marriage (6-7 yrs ago) and it has been laying in our closet ever since.  I wanted to make a blanket, but never took the time to get it out and figure out how to do it.  (I sometimes lack confidence in doing new things.)

My friend, Susanna, came to visit over this past weekend.  I had warned her ahead of time that I haven't been doing much lately, so we would probably just be "hanging out" and watching movies :-).  So she brought along fabric to cut and tie two blankets for her little cousins.  I immediately jumped on the opportunity and asked her to "help" me make my blanket :-).  I can't get down on the floor yet, so she crawled around and did the cutting of the material, and then I did the tying.  I LOVE my new blanket.  What do YOU think??????

Me & Susanna ~ July 2006 (It's an old picture, but it's the best one I have.)

4 comments:

  1. Pam, this is gorgeous! : ) You did a great job! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! I'm a huge Pooh fan! I have been thinking about you guys and wondering how you were doing. Maybe we can get together sometime this summer after Snyder's come home. :-)

    Carmen D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen ~ It would be so much FUN to be able to get together with everyone this summer. Let's see when the Snyders get home and talk about it. ~Pam~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the blanket! They are so cozy, aren't they? Are you healing well from your surgery? I hope well enough to enjoy some sunshine! :)

    Candace

    ReplyDelete