Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Home from surgery

Nate ~     I'm not sure how this will go as Pam is hurting, feeling sick, and I don't want to be up here too long, but she wanted me to update everyone. The surgery was only 1.25 hours, shorter than expected. The surgeon didn't find the tear on the side he was expecting, but it was right behind the hip flexor. A tendon there was so tight it may have been the cause of the tear. He loosened (cut) that tendon some but as it only provides about 5% of the strength for the hip flexor, she shouldn't even notice as she is recovering. However, to be recovering, we need to get through the next couple of days....

So far: lots of pain for Pam. I haven't seen that much pain on her face as long as we've been married...oh, and stairs and hip surgery - not made for each other!! We did, however, finally get up the stairs. We have found that if I move her leg for her and she just focuses on her good leg and the crutches then we can get up and back as is necessary, it just hurts and takes a while...no emergencies allowed right now.

The nurse seemed to think she'd be in a lot of pain for the next 24-48 hours and then it should lesson and be more manageable with fewer pain killers. Until then, I will be giving her pain medicine every 4 hours. Would you pray for her though. Right now she can't keep anything down (including water and saltines). The nausea started in the parking lot at the hospital and then she made it home, but she needs to be able to keep something down before she can get more pain medication and she should have had some 15 minutes ago....

Thank you all for your love and prayers. I'm sure that Pam will appreciate it when she is less drugged and able to think straight! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Nate, let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Praying Pam is feeling better quickly.

    ReplyDelete