Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Left Hip Arthroscopy

Pam ~ I'm heading in for a left hip arthroscopy early on Thursday morning.  Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. and I should be released sometime Thursday afternoon.  I'm getting nervous, not quite knowing what to expect.  I've NEVER had surgery before, so any of you readers who have experience in this area would be welcome to comment :-).

Here is what they are going to do (to the best of my understanding).  The doctor will be going into my hip joint with a camera and tools and either sewing up the labral tear, or possibly injecting artificial bone into the tear.  He told me that he won't know exactly what needs to be done until he has the camera inside to view the problem up close.  I have been told that I will have to be completely off my left leg for two weeks and then be in a hip/leg brace for six weeks along with three months of physical therapy.  (At least I will have a good excuse for lying around on the sofa and watching movies for a couple of weeks!!!!)

I'm not exactly looking forward to the surgery, but I'm definitely looking forward to being pain-free in a few months :-).  Your prayers would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. PRAYING! Too bad we don't live in the same town! I would love to be your PT! :)

    ReplyDelete