Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

What are YOU doing?


Nate ~ Well, first, we apologize for how little has posted in the last month.  It has been very busy for both of us...and especially Pam.  Since she normally does the blog, that means not much communication here.  SO, I thought I'd give a little update and encouragement.

First, our Just Love Coffee push is going well.  We have sold 9 bags of coffee so far.  We need to sell 6 more to get the first level of free coffee and such.  I'll be honest and say I don't remember how much the other level was so......go look at Pam's original post on it. :o)

Now, I have to ask, what are YOU doing?  I was really challenged last night and this morning to ask myself what I'm doing with my time.  Could you sit down and write out roughly what a 24 hour period looks like for you??  I know I was about 3 or 4 hours short with time that I could not account for.  So I'm taking a couple days and writing out what I do in blocks of time and seeing what gets done.  It's been good so far as I've already gotten a couple things done that I wouldn't normally have gotten done in the morning.

Here's another piece to this.  "What are you doing?"  Not only do I mean, "What are you doing today?" but how about "What are you doing about that life goal of yours?"  "What are you doing to get where God wants you to be?" or "What are you doing to strengthen your family?"

I could personally list for you more things that I'm doing that go against my life goals right now.  I could list for you the things that I'm doing that take away from character development and my relationship with my Heavenly Father.  Even family...Those older than upper twenties can attest for your own generation, but at least for me and my peers, it is easier to sit and watch something on TV or do something on the computer than to cultivate my family and its relationships.

Okay, that is all I have.  Please forgive Pam for not updating sooner, forgive me for not doing more to free her up to update you, and consider your time and ask yourself what you are doing today.

1 comment: