Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Surgery update

Pam ~     I'm writing this by hand downstairs and sending it with Nathan to type into the blog upstairs (have to admit that a laptop would be nice over these next few days.)

I"m feeling much better today. Yesterday was HORRIBLE!!! I should have guessed when all the nurses were telling me how much pain I was going to be in and how much they dread seeing hip surgery on hte list for the day. At lease I was "somewhat" prepared???

Besides the pain of getting up the stairs, the nausea was by far the worse!! I needed to eat in order to take my medicine, but if i are it all just came right back up. My poor husband [Nate - not really] put up with a lot yesterday. He's the BEST. I love him!!! [Nate - that felt weird to type out...)

Nathan finally called the doctor and got me a prescription for some anti-nausea medicine. Once I took that, the nausea wasn't gone, but I was done throwing up. I took 2 hour long maps yesterday and was finally feeling pretty good last night. We went to bed at midnith with me sleeping on the couch and Nathan on the floor next ot me. He gave me clear instructions to wake him during the night if I needed anything. While his intentions were good, his fatigue was greater. I woke and needed to visit the restroom but couldn't reach my crutches. Long story short, after several minutes Nathan finally handed the crutches to me and I made it to and from the bathroom on my own. (He doesn't remember ANY of this) [Nate - I really don't. Apparently, in my sleep, I was a punk and almost didn't give them to her and didn't understand why she needed them...don't remember a thing.]

Exciting news!!! My LARGE and awkward brace is purple!!! (Along with a lot of white, plastic, black, and metal bars - I guess you could say it's accented with purple). LOL.

Nate - just an interjection here. First, thank you all for praying. We really appreciate it. Second, Pam has one incredible pain tolerance level. She took two of the pain meds three times yesterday...and she has taken 1 today. I obviously don't know what pain she is in but she is still holding up REALLY well!

1 comment:

  1. GLAD surgery went well and that you are in good hands at home!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete