Pam ~ Do you know what the definition of "fasting" is? I think the most commonly known definition is ~ "The act or practice of abstaining from or eating very little food." But another definition would be ~ "A period of abstention or self-denial." This is the definition I am using this time.
I had such a day today. As I was driving to work this morning and praying through each part of my upcoming day, I also prayed for our adoption and our current adoption fundraisers. The two fund-raisers most on my mind were Just Love Coffee and Tupperware. I can look on-line and see the order status for each of these fundraisers, and I have been checking them multiple times a day. I have been worrying a lot about having the money raised to submit our dossier by Christmas because it's something that I REALLY want!!!
As I was praying this, it struck me that once again I was not relying fully on God to bring in the money we need. Every time I check the order status on-line I am allowing myself to believe that God HAS to bring the money in via OUR fund-raisers. I am not putting my faith FULLY in my All-Powerful God. Who am I to take control of this? Who am I to think that my plans {i.e. fundraisers} are better than any plan God has?
I committed myself to not checking our order status' today. I told God that every time I had the urge to check, I would pray over our adoption finances instead.
Believe me. I prayed about them A LOT this afternoon. I couldn't believe how incredibly HARD it was to not check. Even as I am typing this, I want to click a few buttons and just "see" if any orders came in today. Wow!!!


I am so guilty of doing the same thing! You've encouraged me to not look at the order statuses today...and for the rest of the week. No matter how many times we look we can't force that number to go up. Thanks for the encouragement today!
ReplyDeleteLove you! I hate that you are having to go through the difficult task of waiting & waiting & waiting... You are doing such an awesome job of trusting God and allowing Him to grow you through the waiting! Hope the "fast" goes OK today.
ReplyDelete