Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

God Sits in the Goodyear Blimp

Pam ~ My fellow teachers and I having begun reading through the book "Our God Is Awesome" by Tony Evans, and discussing it during our meetings.  I have only read the first 3 chapters so far, but I would definitely already recommend the book on the basis of what I have read.  In chapter two, the author was discussing God as an "Eternal Being" and began talking about how God has no beginning.  This is a concept that we struggle with because WE did have a beginning.  Anyways, I would like to share a portion of this section that, when I read it, really made me think about our adoption journey.

All of us have attended a parade, which we see as a succession of events.  We stand on the curb and watch a float pass by, then a band, followed by a drill team, one after the other.  At best, you can look down the street and see two or three successive events at a time.  But you can't see around all the corners or see the full length of the parade because it is linear.  It moves down the street from point A to point B.

However, if you were to go aloft in the Goodyear blimp, it would be a new deal.  From overhead you can see the whole parade in one grand sweep.  The succession of events becomes irrelevant from the blimp because you are so high up looking so far down that it's all one event.

You and I live from today to tomorrow to next month to next year.  But God sits in the Goodyear blimp.  He sees the whole thing as one because He's from everlasting to everlasting, always in the present tense, no past, no future.  What does that mean?  It means if God's telling you something about what's going to happen tomorrow, you'd better believe it because He's already been there and back.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, Pam! It is well worth remembering at all times in our lives.

    ReplyDelete