Pam ~ I can't explain it. I'm nervous, concerned, worried, scared. I'm not a good writer. I type something and then go back and delete it over and over again. What if I don't make sense? What if I can't explain myself? What if what I write isn't what the social worker wants to read? Is it supposed to be in paragraph form? Is it supposed to be formal or informal? Does it matter either way?
I want to start working on my autobiography today. Really I do. But here I sit, writing about how scared I am instead of just getting busy and trying to write it. In theory, it shouldn't be that hard. I'm writing about myself. I think I probably know myself pretty well. At least I know myself better than you do :-).
But every adoption paper we complete is soooooooo very important and I don't want to be the one to screw it up!!!!!!!


Praying for you that the Lord will give you the words as you need them. He created you in His image. He knows your thoughts. He knows you need the words. Pam, you can rest in knowing that He has the answers you are searching for. : )
ReplyDeleteSorry, I messed up the other post. Try this one.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you guys know Pam that you could probably talk to our daughter-in law Stephanie if you wanted to. They've been through this... and are just finishing up getting a foster care license. She might be able to give you some insight. Just a thought. We will pray for you both.
Bob Wright
Pam~ I understand. I DO like to write and the autobiography was the most daunting for me. It was emotional, grueling, and hard at times. But really the best advice I have for you is to pray and start. And be honest - just be yourself. That is all that it is really for. It is to give your social worker and honest picture of who you are. They are not looking for a right or wrong answer. I wrote mine in paragraphs - informally. I wrote very similar to how I do on my blog. I hope that was helpful. You will feel sooooo good when it is done! I had to break mine up in chunks, and I did it over the course of a week.
ReplyDeleteOne scream - then get busy! You write well enough and the social worker will know you WELL From your interviews. YOU CAN DO THIS!
ReplyDelete