Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, April 26, 2013

FB Friday

April 20, 2013 ~ Sometimes it's the small things. I clipped Maya K's toenails today and they looked like NORMAL toenails!!! Almost seven months of good nutrition is paying off!!!

April 22, 2013 ~ Maya K's first time rollerblading was a HUGE success!!! She went from hanging on tight to her daddy to moving freely around the garage on her own; falling and getting up by herself, walking on the wheels, and rolling around the garage in just 30 minutes!!! I bought these used roller blades for Maya K off a FB swap site last week and they were definitely worth the money spent!!!

April 23, 2013 ~ How cold is too cold to layer up the three kids I am watching today (that includes Maya K) and go for a walk? The morning is not off to a good start and I kind of wonder if a good walk in the cold air might settle some bad moods. What do you think???

The 30 minute walk out in the cold was GREAT!!! Hopefully the worst is behind us and we all continue through the day in better spirits!!!

April 24, 2013 ~ I'm pretty sure she's  been awake since 6 a.m. Oh dear.

April 25, 2013 ~ We had our 6-month social worker post-placement visit last night and it went very well!! Now we have a 6 month "break" from visits until it's time for our 12-month report :-).

I just had to explain the entirety of "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" to Maya K. She now knows about wool, shearing a sheep, and how the wool makes clothes :-).

Nathan and Maya K are outside rollerblading :-). Video coming later tonight!!!!

April 26, 2013 ~ "I use lot a tissue because I have lot of bless you in my nose." ~ Maya K

Maya K and I enjoyed spending time with my VCA "family" at the Bike-a-Thon today. Maya K got to ride and ride and ride her bike, I got lots of hugs from my kids, and I got to visit with a lot of friends/parents!!!

I put her down for a late quiet time when we got home. The monitor has been quiet for a few minutes and I just went to check on her. She was almost asleep!!! I think the day wore her out!!! I had to tell her that she can't sleep today :-(. She said, "Why, Mommy??? I'm tired!!! I WANT to sleep." Poor girl!!!

Nathan and Maya K are out rollerblading again tonight :-). She ended up falling asleep for 10 minutes this afternoon (I woke her up) and then her daddy gave her some chocolate pudding after dinner. We decided that rollerblading would be a good help to her going to sleep tonight :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment