Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 22, 2013

FB Friday

February 18, 2013 ~ I have a decently long "to do" list for Maya K's quiet time today. But all I really want to do is make chocolate chip cookies and watch a movie. What to do, what to do??

Me: "Guess what is on the grass, Maya K?? It snowed a little!!"
Maya K: (looking outside) "Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!! NO!!!! No thank you, snow. Maya K want swimming time."
I seriously agree with my daughter!!!!

Those silly little articles are very hard to use when learning English!! :-)

February 19, 2013 ~ I'm starting childcare today for a 6-year old little girl. I would appreciate prayers that Maya K (and the other little girl) would adjust well to spending time together!!! I'm excited that Maya K is getting a three-day-a-week playmate!!

The first day with our new friends went VERY well!! Maya K is learning that sometimes she has to wait her turn to talk :-).

February 20, 2013 ~ That was a special level of grumpiness this morning that just earned someone an afternoon nap. (And no, I'm not talking about myself!!) :-)

February 21,2013 ~ Maya K was running about two hours short on sleep for the week (from Sunday-Wednesday morning); hence the hour and a quarter nap she took yesterday afternoon. Today, after having the nap yesterday and a "normal" night of sleep, she was a different girl. Happy, compliant, loving, cheerful, and oh-so-sweet!! It's amazing what a small shortage of sleep can do to a child!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment