Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 15, 2013

FB Friday

February 11, 2013 ~ Maya K has started getting a little money of her own (mostly what she has found on the ground, or that grandparents have given her) and I am having her put it in her "bank" (it's an alligator!!) to keep it safe. We started talking today about what she might want to buy with her money when the bank is FULL of money. She first decided that she wanted to buy a WHOLE LOT of food, and then she changed that decision to a night light to put in the bathroom (we have a recent fear of the dark and we already have a night light in her bedroom AND in the hallway; apparently she also wants one in the bathroom). She doesn't yet understand that she will be allowed to use HER money to buy things that SHE wants to play with!!

We made it for 25 minutes outside at the park before I was frozen and we had to leave. I think Maya K would have stayed for longer, but I just couldn't handle the cold. Please remind me which one of us just moved to Iowa from Ethiopia??

It's still cold, but we managed another 30 minutes outside this afternoon kicking around a soccer ball. I'm soooooooooooooooo looking forward to summer!!

February 12, 2013 ~ "I'm soooo tired!! I'm soooo sleepy!! I'm sleepy, Baby, because no blanket. Why no blanket? Silly blanket!! Why, why, why, why?? Because, because, because!!" This is Maya K's song that she is singing to herself while doing a puzzle on the kitchen floor. This is also being sung after she woke up from 12 HOURS of sleep!!! And, just for the record, she DOES have a blanket. And she was still sleeping UNDER that blanket when I got up this morning :-).

Me: "Maya K, what is love?"
Maya K: "Me, you, daddy."
L.O.V.E.

February 13, 2013 ~ We spent an hour at the park today. Maya K didn't swing, go down the slides, or climb on the equipment the ENTIRE time!! Instead, she collected rocks, sticks, and leaves. She made a circle out of the rocks, put a pile of sticks inside, and collected different sizes/shapes of wood chips and rocks to be food (banana, cheese, mushrooms, olives, carrots) and cooked me a yummy meal. Then she gathered snow to pile on the fire. Then she taught me to sing the "ABC song" and tried to climb the trees :-). As we were leaving, she suddenly exclaimed "Mommy!! I forgot swings!! I'm sorry!!" I quickly told her that it was completely okay that she didn't swing today; she can swing next time :-).

February 14, 2013 ~ Happy Valentine's Day!! AND it's also the 6-month anniversary of the ET judge declaring that Maya K was officially a Maxwell!!

The quietest Maya K has been all day = right now. She is sitting on the sofa popping bubble wrap :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment