Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Making a Decision

I have a hard time making decisions. I try to look at all the options and then if I absolutely HAVE to be the one to make the decision I normally put it off as long as possible to make sure I have thought of everything involved and worry about who I might upset and everything wrong that might happen with what I choose. I over-think every possible choice.

I have a decision to make in the next couple of days. I'm struggling to know what I should do.

Several years ago, I started doing seasonal part-time work scoring standardized tests from home. The job offers I have received have always been during the months of April, May, and sometimes June. If I accept a particular job offer, I am required to score tests for a minimum of 20 hours a week (they prefer more) and the jobs average around 2-3 weeks each. I do the work from my personal computer and can schedule my hours however I want/need to (between the hours of 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.).

In previous years, it made for some very long and tiring days. I would get up at 5:15 in the morning, get ready for the day, leave for school and teach all day, come home around 4:30/5:00 p.m. and get on the computer to start scoring. I would aim for around 3-4 hours of scoring each evening and then go to bed to get up and do it the next day. They were long and tiring days, but the extra income was greatly appreciated :-).

This is the first time since Maya K came home that I have accepted an offer to score a two week project in May (it starts just one week from tomorrow). It would seem that it should be easier to get my 20 hours in each week now that I am not teaching full-time and am at home with Maya K. But it is definitely going to be a challenge. I am homeschooling her so we have to get school done in the mornings. I do childcare three days a week and we have things going on several evenings each week. And I can't get up super early to score or stay up late into the evenings because the system is locked before 7 a.m. and after 9 p.m. I can only work during the day hours.

Nathan and I have talked about it and we agreed for me to accept this two week job for May. He is going to fix dinner every evening he can and I will go straight up to our room to work in the evenings (because I can't score after 9 p.m. I have to get my hours in before then). We're going to make it work :-).

(I seem to be long-winded tonight. Sorry!!!)

Here is the hard decision I am needing to make.

Last night I opened up my e-mail to find another job offer. This time it's a two and a half week project in June. During those two weeks, my calendar is already filled with Vacation Bible School, our 10-year wedding anniversary, and 8 sessions of swimming lessons for Maya K.

Do I accept the second job offer or not????

To be honest, we could REALLY use the extra income. We stepped out in faith when we brought Maya K home and I stopped working to stay home with her. God has been faithful in meeting our needs and we know that He will continue to do that. But is this job the way He wants to meet our financial needs, or does He have another plan?

I just don't know what to do right now. I only have a couple days to accept it if I am going to take it. I'm praying that God will make it clear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment