Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, January 31, 2014

2 + 2 = 4

Isn't it great when you child starts using math in real world situations??!!

Here's some background. I have started letting Maya K watch two episodes of The Berenstain Bears (on DVD) after lunch. Each episode is about 15 minutes so it equates to a half hour of TV after lunch and before her quiet time. She has to "earn" the privilege to watch it by working hard and getting her schoolwork done before lunch.

On Thursdays (yesterday), we go to the library right after lunch for a story time and then to choose new books for the week. We get home around 2:30 and go right upstairs for quiet time. So there is no TV time during the day.

Last night, as we were putting Maya K in bed, she says......

"Mommy, two (holds up two fingers) plus two more (holds up two fingers on her other hand) equal four. So can I watch FOUR Berenstain Bears tomorrow because I didn't watch any today?"

Haha!!!! Nice try, Little Girl!!!! But TV time does not accumulate from day to day!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I think Maya K and my girl have been plotting together. ;) It is amazing when they start to put things together, though...it didn't take long for Mae to realize that she got more story time at night if she chose the longest stories. (I've started setting a time limit, instead.) ;)

    ReplyDelete