Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, July 5, 2013

FB Friday

June 29, 2013 ~ "YOU gonna bead her hair?!?! You go girl!!! You 'ben YouTubin' it up!!!" This was the response of the lady at the ethnic hair store when I was checking out with beads and a beader :-).

We're an hour and a half into the braiding/beading process. I have learned that I need to make the braids tiny and then the beads go on easier. We are only about a fifth of the way done!!! I have a feeling that she is going to have braids and beads on the back half of her head and puffs on the top. Just sayin'.

I've spent four and a half hours on her hair. It's not done. Yet. I WILL finish it. Yes, I will.

We. Are. DONE.



June 30, 2013 ~ Happy Sunday!!!

July 1, 2013 ~ I weighed Maya K on our scale here at home this morning (so this is "unofficial") and it says that she has gained 8.5 pounds in addition to the 5 inches she has grown in the past 9 months!!! It hasn't been my imagination that she is getting heavier to carry around!!!

July 2, 2013 ~ Thanks to Maya K's braids, I now have a spray bottle of coconut oil and water sitting in my refrigerator.

Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough = FUN!!

I love reading. It's a therapy for me. I stopped taking the time to read when Maya K came home and I have missed it. It's time for me to MAKE the time to read again. So I am. I just finished a book that I started during quiet time yesterday. Life is happy.

"I don't think things...words....in my head. I just say all them out loud." ~ Maya K
Believe me, Honey, I know!!!!!

July 3, 2013 ~ Fireworks tonight!!!!!

I like fireworks. I LOVED getting to watch the fireworks with my DAUGHTER this year!! We had a great evening!!!!

July 5, 2013 ~ Yes, I do believe her American English is coming along nicely. "Mommy, I am STARVING!!"

Just 10 days and I will finally have my ring back!! It's been over a year since I was last able to wear it and I have missed it!!!

Maya K ASKED to take a nap today. So I let her. She was asleep in under 15 minutes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment