May 11, 2013 ~ I went to WalMart without Maya K this afternoon. As I was checking out, the check out lady (who I think is from the Sudan) asked where my daughter was. I told her that she was at home with my husband and she said "I like seeing you together. It is special to me."
As we were putting Maya K in bed tonight, she started asking her "usual" questions. "Why do we have books? Where did Mommy get the books?" etc. Nathan told her that I had bought a lot of the books when we were praying and asking God to give us a little boy or girl. Maya K was fascinated by this. "Mommy asked God for me? How did she hear God? Did you (Daddy) ask God too?" It was a very sweet conversation!!! Then, as we were telling her that it was time to stop asking questions and go to sleep, she asked Nathan, "How did Mommy get YOU????"
May 12, 2013 ~ This has been a blessed first Mother's Day for me. However, I am also remembering Maya K's birth mother and how on Mother's Day six years ago she was carrying my beautiful daughter in her womb. She gave Kisanet life!!! She didn't get to spend much time with Kisanet here on earth and I pray that someone told her about Jesus' gift of salvation so that she is celebrating this Mother's Day in heaven. I am humbled and blessed that God has given me this child I prayed for. Maya K has accepted me as her mommy and I pray that one day she accepts Jesus as her Savior!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Nathan is introducing Maya K to the "wonderful" world of computer games tonight :-). He is definitely doing more of the actual "gaming" but she is having fun sitting on her daddy's lap and yelling at the compute screen with him!!!!
Maya K is teaching her daddy how to do a "tip-toe twirl" on the trampoline. It's pretty amazing!!!!! (I REALLY wanted to record this "lesson" but Nathan forbade me!!!)
May 16, 2013 ~ We leave for CO this afternoon. So much to get done!!!!
We are four hours closer to our final destination (Colorado). Maya K go to go SWIMMING for the first time tonight!!! She loved it!!! And, even better, she LOVED the hot tub with her mommy!!!!
As we were putting Maya K in bed tonight, she started asking her "usual" questions. "Why do we have books? Where did Mommy get the books?" etc. Nathan told her that I had bought a lot of the books when we were praying and asking God to give us a little boy or girl. Maya K was fascinated by this. "Mommy asked God for me? How did she hear God? Did you (Daddy) ask God too?" It was a very sweet conversation!!! Then, as we were telling her that it was time to stop asking questions and go to sleep, she asked Nathan, "How did Mommy get YOU????"
May 12, 2013 ~ This has been a blessed first Mother's Day for me. However, I am also remembering Maya K's birth mother and how on Mother's Day six years ago she was carrying my beautiful daughter in her womb. She gave Kisanet life!!! She didn't get to spend much time with Kisanet here on earth and I pray that someone told her about Jesus' gift of salvation so that she is celebrating this Mother's Day in heaven. I am humbled and blessed that God has given me this child I prayed for. Maya K has accepted me as her mommy and I pray that one day she accepts Jesus as her Savior!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Nathan is introducing Maya K to the "wonderful" world of computer games tonight :-). He is definitely doing more of the actual "gaming" but she is having fun sitting on her daddy's lap and yelling at the compute screen with him!!!!
Maya K is teaching her daddy how to do a "tip-toe twirl" on the trampoline. It's pretty amazing!!!!! (I REALLY wanted to record this "lesson" but Nathan forbade me!!!)
May 16, 2013 ~ We leave for CO this afternoon. So much to get done!!!!
We are four hours closer to our final destination (Colorado). Maya K go to go SWIMMING for the first time tonight!!! She loved it!!! And, even better, she LOVED the hot tub with her mommy!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment