December 2, 2012 ~ I decided to actually wear some eye makeup for our family photo session this afternoon. This is what Maya K thought of it ~ "Mommy, eyes?? Pretty?? NO!!!" This was repeated over and over and over, and she told me to go clean my eyes!!
December 3, 2012 ~ We just got home from a visit to the Social Security office. Maya K's application and paperwork has been submitted for a social security number and now we just wait for it to arrive in the mail. Still checking off my list one thing at a time!!
December 4, 2012 ~ Maya K wants sooooooooooooo badly to like hot chocolate. I've let her taste mine a couple times and she just doesn't like it (which I'm okay with - more for me!!). Today she asked again and wanted some in her cup. I gave her a little and she tasted it, said "Yummy, hot chocolate" and then put her cup down. I asked her if she was going to finish it and she said "Legos first. Finish Daddy comes home". I think she still doesn't like it, but she REALLY, REALLY wants to!!!! (I'm pretty sure my little ET beauty has had plenty of coffee in her young life and is wishfully thinking of that when she tastes the hot chocolate!!)
Can you guess what we're doing this afternoon?!?!
December 5, 2012 ~ Tried something new today :-). I think I like it, so now I just have to wait and see if it can last for more than one or two days. It took me over an hour!!!
Maya K drew a picture of her daddy tonight :-).
December 6, 2012 ~ We've got a busy day ahead of us. I got up early to make some banana coffee cake with our very ripe bananas, it's library day, then run home to quickly get some lunch, and then Maya K's got an appointment to start her immunizations :-(. Prayers would be appreciated!!!
Poor girl. I just told her that we are going to go get ice cream after she sees the doctor and now she is ecstatic to go see the doctor. I'm not talking to her about her shots until right before they happen :-(. I'm hoping she is still excited about the ice cream when the shots are done!! No kids are happy about shots, but she's never had them before. Is this going to make it easier or harder?!?!
Maya K's shots are done (for now)!! She did well and I'll post the info on the blog after I've been able to tell Nathan first.
I'm working to upload a video to YouTube and it is taking FOREVER!! Maya K was given 7 pieces of candy corn after dinner and what she chose to do with them was HILARIOUS!!! After watching (and interacting) with her for about 20 minutes, I recorded about six minutes of it and wished I could have recorded for much longer!! This is probably more for family, but some of the rest of you might enjoy hearing how far her English has come. Just 40 minutes left on the download time!! HURRY UP!!!
This video (click HERE) is six and a half minutes long, but I just LOVE it!! Maya K has such a GREAT imagination and this went on for FORTY MINUTES after dinner tonight!!! This is only a small part of the events that the candy corn "people" took part in!! It kept going, and going, and going!!
December 3, 2012 ~ We just got home from a visit to the Social Security office. Maya K's application and paperwork has been submitted for a social security number and now we just wait for it to arrive in the mail. Still checking off my list one thing at a time!!
December 4, 2012 ~ Maya K wants sooooooooooooo badly to like hot chocolate. I've let her taste mine a couple times and she just doesn't like it (which I'm okay with - more for me!!). Today she asked again and wanted some in her cup. I gave her a little and she tasted it, said "Yummy, hot chocolate" and then put her cup down. I asked her if she was going to finish it and she said "Legos first. Finish Daddy comes home". I think she still doesn't like it, but she REALLY, REALLY wants to!!!! (I'm pretty sure my little ET beauty has had plenty of coffee in her young life and is wishfully thinking of that when she tastes the hot chocolate!!)
Can you guess what we're doing this afternoon?!?!
December 5, 2012 ~ Tried something new today :-). I think I like it, so now I just have to wait and see if it can last for more than one or two days. It took me over an hour!!!
Maya K drew a picture of her daddy tonight :-).
December 6, 2012 ~ We've got a busy day ahead of us. I got up early to make some banana coffee cake with our very ripe bananas, it's library day, then run home to quickly get some lunch, and then Maya K's got an appointment to start her immunizations :-(. Prayers would be appreciated!!!
Poor girl. I just told her that we are going to go get ice cream after she sees the doctor and now she is ecstatic to go see the doctor. I'm not talking to her about her shots until right before they happen :-(. I'm hoping she is still excited about the ice cream when the shots are done!! No kids are happy about shots, but she's never had them before. Is this going to make it easier or harder?!?!
Maya K's shots are done (for now)!! She did well and I'll post the info on the blog after I've been able to tell Nathan first.
I'm working to upload a video to YouTube and it is taking FOREVER!! Maya K was given 7 pieces of candy corn after dinner and what she chose to do with them was HILARIOUS!!! After watching (and interacting) with her for about 20 minutes, I recorded about six minutes of it and wished I could have recorded for much longer!! This is probably more for family, but some of the rest of you might enjoy hearing how far her English has come. Just 40 minutes left on the download time!! HURRY UP!!!
This video (click HERE) is six and a half minutes long, but I just LOVE it!! Maya K has such a GREAT imagination and this went on for FORTY MINUTES after dinner tonight!!! This is only a small part of the events that the candy corn "people" took part in!! It kept going, and going, and going!!

.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment