October 13, 2012 ~ Progress - I got Maya Kisanet to lay down on her tummy in her bath water today!!!! She still won't lay completely on her back, but at least she will sit in the water and doesn't want to squat while splashing the water up on herself!!!!
I was being the fun and nice mommy and cut Maya Kisanet's sandwich into two hearts. She promptly ate all the crust that I had cut off!! I love my daughter!!!!!
Thanks to Aunt Debbi for finding the $5 girl's bike at Goodwill!!! Maya Kisanet has been outside learning how to pedal and she LOVES it!!!!
She had a hard time keeping her feet on the pedals, but she was DETERMINED and after 45 minutes of hard work, she was doing FANTASTIC!!!! Now we just have to figure out how to pedal while not looking at our feet and how to keep pedaling while also turning!!!!
Guess who's planning to go to church tomorrow morning?!?!?
October 14, 2012 ~ We made it to church this morning!!!!! And we made it through lunch!!!!! And then mommy took a nap during Maya Kisanet's rest time!!!!
I'm soooooooooooooooo thankful for my amazing husband!!!! Do you know what he has been doing every night while I am staying with maya Kisanet until she goes to sleep????? He has been doing the dishes!!!! I love you, Nathan!!!!!
October 15, 2012 ~ We have had two "discipline" issues already this morning, but both of them ended with it seeming like Maya Kisanet understood what she did wrong and submitting to my "authority" fairly quickly and "calmly"!!!!! We're making progress, people!!!!!
We had our first family walk tonight, complete with a couple stops to talk about the berries on the tree, pick up a few berries from the ground, run up and down a hill, hop up and down a hill, collect leaves in our shirt (Maya K's shirt) and make a leaf pile!!!! And then we saw a bird feeder and got to talk about the birds sitting on the little "bar" and eating the food inside!!!!
October 16, 2012 ~ Maya Kisanet loves to talk on the phone to daddy when he calls at lunchtime. Today he said, "How are you, Maya Kisanet?" And she answered him with "I'm fine, thank you." I couldn't believe it!!!! He thought I told her to say that, but I didn't!!!!! When we hung up the phone, I asked her where she had heard that and she pointed to me and said "Mommy, (something, something, something) I'm fine, thank you." So apparently I say that often????
We are making HUGE progress!!!! She is finishing her lunch (with tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots all mixed up together) and she pointed to the fridge and said "Mommy........" then got a very focused look on her face as she thought and then she said "Cheese, please." I just started cheering and high-fiving my little girl!!!!! She's learning soooooooooooooooo much and trying sooooooooooooooo hard!!!!! You better believe that I gave her CHEESE!!!!!!
We had a good day today!!!! I love good days!!!!!
October 18, 2012 ~ Why, yes, I did just mix lotion with raw shae butter in my kitchen with my hand mixer. Don't you????
Our morning entertainment is courtesy of ..............................ice cubes!!! Yep, she still LOVES them!!!!!!
This is how we finished our doctor apt. trip. Maya Kisanet now knows what a Wendy's frosty is and she approves!!!!!
October 19, 2012 ~ Maya Kisanet's first doctor apt. went very well yesterday. The nurses and doctor were very kind and understanding of her potential insecurities and she was happy and playful and charmed everyone with her beautiful smile!!!! She is 39" tall and 36 lbs. They decided to not do any blood work since she already had some done in ET and we set up an appointment to start her immunizations in early December. Maya Kisanet left with FOUR books and a smile on her face!!!!!
It's been a "bleh" kind of day for me today. I was going to take Maya Kisanet to do the grocery shopping with me when she got up from her rest time, but, instead, I'm sitting here with hot chocolate and kettle corn while she works on puzzles.
My daughter was just BEGGING me for a piece of the onion I was cutting up. I found out a couple days ago that she enjoys eating straight onions!!!!
I was being the fun and nice mommy and cut Maya Kisanet's sandwich into two hearts. She promptly ate all the crust that I had cut off!! I love my daughter!!!!!
Thanks to Aunt Debbi for finding the $5 girl's bike at Goodwill!!! Maya Kisanet has been outside learning how to pedal and she LOVES it!!!!
She had a hard time keeping her feet on the pedals, but she was DETERMINED and after 45 minutes of hard work, she was doing FANTASTIC!!!! Now we just have to figure out how to pedal while not looking at our feet and how to keep pedaling while also turning!!!!
Guess who's planning to go to church tomorrow morning?!?!?
October 14, 2012 ~ We made it to church this morning!!!!! And we made it through lunch!!!!! And then mommy took a nap during Maya Kisanet's rest time!!!!
I'm soooooooooooooooo thankful for my amazing husband!!!! Do you know what he has been doing every night while I am staying with maya Kisanet until she goes to sleep????? He has been doing the dishes!!!! I love you, Nathan!!!!!
October 15, 2012 ~ We have had two "discipline" issues already this morning, but both of them ended with it seeming like Maya Kisanet understood what she did wrong and submitting to my "authority" fairly quickly and "calmly"!!!!! We're making progress, people!!!!!
We had our first family walk tonight, complete with a couple stops to talk about the berries on the tree, pick up a few berries from the ground, run up and down a hill, hop up and down a hill, collect leaves in our shirt (Maya K's shirt) and make a leaf pile!!!! And then we saw a bird feeder and got to talk about the birds sitting on the little "bar" and eating the food inside!!!!
October 16, 2012 ~ Maya Kisanet loves to talk on the phone to daddy when he calls at lunchtime. Today he said, "How are you, Maya Kisanet?" And she answered him with "I'm fine, thank you." I couldn't believe it!!!! He thought I told her to say that, but I didn't!!!!! When we hung up the phone, I asked her where she had heard that and she pointed to me and said "Mommy, (something, something, something) I'm fine, thank you." So apparently I say that often????
We are making HUGE progress!!!! She is finishing her lunch (with tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots all mixed up together) and she pointed to the fridge and said "Mommy........" then got a very focused look on her face as she thought and then she said "Cheese, please." I just started cheering and high-fiving my little girl!!!!! She's learning soooooooooooooooo much and trying sooooooooooooooo hard!!!!! You better believe that I gave her CHEESE!!!!!!
We had a good day today!!!! I love good days!!!!!
October 18, 2012 ~ Why, yes, I did just mix lotion with raw shae butter in my kitchen with my hand mixer. Don't you????
Our morning entertainment is courtesy of ..............................ice cubes!!! Yep, she still LOVES them!!!!!!
This is how we finished our doctor apt. trip. Maya Kisanet now knows what a Wendy's frosty is and she approves!!!!!
October 19, 2012 ~ Maya Kisanet's first doctor apt. went very well yesterday. The nurses and doctor were very kind and understanding of her potential insecurities and she was happy and playful and charmed everyone with her beautiful smile!!!! She is 39" tall and 36 lbs. They decided to not do any blood work since she already had some done in ET and we set up an appointment to start her immunizations in early December. Maya Kisanet left with FOUR books and a smile on her face!!!!!
It's been a "bleh" kind of day for me today. I was going to take Maya Kisanet to do the grocery shopping with me when she got up from her rest time, but, instead, I'm sitting here with hot chocolate and kettle corn while she works on puzzles.
My daughter was just BEGGING me for a piece of the onion I was cutting up. I found out a couple days ago that she enjoys eating straight onions!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment