October 20, 2012 ~ "Come on, Mommy!!!!" ~ Maya Kisanet (Yes, I think her English is coming along nicely!!!)
October 21, 2012 ~ We've got a full day planned. Sunday School and church this morning, lunch and hopefully a sleeping nap this afternoon, church tonight, and then we're hoping and PRAYING that we can join our college kids (YACS) for their after-church fellowship!!!!! Maya Kisanet will have a busier day and stay up later tonight than she has since she got home. Prayers, please!!!!!
We are "on schedule" for the day!!! Maya Kisanet took an almost hour and a half nap and is up and happy. Next thing on our schedule - a filling snack and then we're off to church and are still planning to be able to fellowship with our college kids after the service!!!!!
We made it!!!!! She kind of fell asleep on the way home, didn't fuss or get upset as we dressed her for bed and did a very brief brushing of the teeth (I skipped the lotion and hair tonight), but then was not happy when I put her in bed and she fussed and tossed and turned for quite a while before finally falling asleep. But I'm really not going to complain. She did an AMAZING job with everything we asked of her today and I would call the day a SUCCESS!!! Now I'm just praying that she sleeps later than 6:30 a.m.!!!!
October 22, 2012 ~ I guess that I can count sleeping until 6:50 a.m. sleeping in???? I'll take it!!!!
October 23, 2012 ~ I think I can say that I have officially entered mommyhood. I just put the oatmeal in the microwave and forgot to add the water. I've NEVER done that before!!!!! In other news, we are heading to an orchard today!!!! I'm hoping that by the end of the morning Maya Kisanet will no longer call pumpkins "apples"!!!!
October 24, 2012 ~ I can't believe I forgot to post this yesterday!!!! Yesterday marked ONE MONTH since "gotcha day"!!!!! Maya Kisanet has been with her mommy and daddy 24/7 for a full month!!!!
Maya Kisanet was handing me a cracker. When I reached for it, she pulled it away and said, "What do you say?" Can you tell that we have been working on good manners???? Lol
The "down" side to using a bed guard and weaning Maya Kisanet off of holding my hand while she goes to sleep = not being able to easily tell when she IS asleep. I'll adjust!!!
October 25, 2012 ~ We practice our counting by putting chocolate chips in our oatmeal. How do YOU practice your counting????
We went to the library for our first "story time" and it was GREAT!!!! Maya Kisanet seemed to really enjoy herself and then she got to pick 4 books to take home!!! She looked at them in the car and then we sat down and read three of them as soon as we got home. Lunch is going to be late today, but it was worth it!!!
October 26, 2012 ~ I just put batteries in a noise-making toy. Please remind me later today that I did this because Maya Kisanet needs the stimulation and experiences that most children get when they are toddlers. She WILL outgrow this stage in life :-).
We're trying something new for rest time today. I put 6 chocolate chips on her dresser (where she can easily see them). She gets to eat them when the timer goes off that rest time is over!!! But every time she calls me to come to her room (with the exception of for the bathroom) I will EAT one!!!! She seemed to understand, so I'm hoping to not be called very much today!!!!
Success!!!! She is enjoying her six chocolate chips!!!!
Four weeks ago we had just arrived home with our little girl. Today, I marveled in how far we have come and how much I love that little girl!!!!
October 21, 2012 ~ We've got a full day planned. Sunday School and church this morning, lunch and hopefully a sleeping nap this afternoon, church tonight, and then we're hoping and PRAYING that we can join our college kids (YACS) for their after-church fellowship!!!!! Maya Kisanet will have a busier day and stay up later tonight than she has since she got home. Prayers, please!!!!!
We are "on schedule" for the day!!! Maya Kisanet took an almost hour and a half nap and is up and happy. Next thing on our schedule - a filling snack and then we're off to church and are still planning to be able to fellowship with our college kids after the service!!!!!
We made it!!!!! She kind of fell asleep on the way home, didn't fuss or get upset as we dressed her for bed and did a very brief brushing of the teeth (I skipped the lotion and hair tonight), but then was not happy when I put her in bed and she fussed and tossed and turned for quite a while before finally falling asleep. But I'm really not going to complain. She did an AMAZING job with everything we asked of her today and I would call the day a SUCCESS!!! Now I'm just praying that she sleeps later than 6:30 a.m.!!!!
October 22, 2012 ~ I guess that I can count sleeping until 6:50 a.m. sleeping in???? I'll take it!!!!
October 23, 2012 ~ I think I can say that I have officially entered mommyhood. I just put the oatmeal in the microwave and forgot to add the water. I've NEVER done that before!!!!! In other news, we are heading to an orchard today!!!! I'm hoping that by the end of the morning Maya Kisanet will no longer call pumpkins "apples"!!!!
October 24, 2012 ~ I can't believe I forgot to post this yesterday!!!! Yesterday marked ONE MONTH since "gotcha day"!!!!! Maya Kisanet has been with her mommy and daddy 24/7 for a full month!!!!
Maya Kisanet was handing me a cracker. When I reached for it, she pulled it away and said, "What do you say?" Can you tell that we have been working on good manners???? Lol
The "down" side to using a bed guard and weaning Maya Kisanet off of holding my hand while she goes to sleep = not being able to easily tell when she IS asleep. I'll adjust!!!
October 25, 2012 ~ We practice our counting by putting chocolate chips in our oatmeal. How do YOU practice your counting????
We went to the library for our first "story time" and it was GREAT!!!! Maya Kisanet seemed to really enjoy herself and then she got to pick 4 books to take home!!! She looked at them in the car and then we sat down and read three of them as soon as we got home. Lunch is going to be late today, but it was worth it!!!
October 26, 2012 ~ I just put batteries in a noise-making toy. Please remind me later today that I did this because Maya Kisanet needs the stimulation and experiences that most children get when they are toddlers. She WILL outgrow this stage in life :-).
We're trying something new for rest time today. I put 6 chocolate chips on her dresser (where she can easily see them). She gets to eat them when the timer goes off that rest time is over!!! But every time she calls me to come to her room (with the exception of for the bathroom) I will EAT one!!!! She seemed to understand, so I'm hoping to not be called very much today!!!!
Success!!!! She is enjoying her six chocolate chips!!!!
Four weeks ago we had just arrived home with our little girl. Today, I marveled in how far we have come and how much I love that little girl!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment