Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One Month "Referralversary"

Pam ~ It's been one month since we received our referral for our daughter "K" and one month since we first saw her beautiful face!!!! In some ways it seems like its been longer than a month, but in other ways the time has gone by quickly.

We are still waiting for our court date and we are still praying that we will be able to get a court date before the courts close on August 22nd (exactly four weeks from today). I got an e-mail from our adoption agency today that was VERY encouraging!!!!

"At this point, there is definitely still a chance you will get a court date before the closure. Your case is open and in line at court, and the court is still issuing dates.......Definitely still prepare for receiving a court date before the closure, as there is a good chance you will receive one."

I LOVED reading those words!!!!!

What are we doing to prepare to travel???  Well . . . . . . . 

Making a packing list
Finding luggage that we can borrow
Buying medicines we need to take
Praying
Finishing the required "older child adoption" training
Finding a pediatrician
Finishing the "Post Adoption Plan of Action" report
Praying
Working to empty out "K"'s bedroom
Keeping the house clean
Praying
Probably lots of other things that I am forgetting

It's a little hard to wrap my mind around the possibility that we could be in Ethiopia hugging our little girl in less than a month!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm all tingly and screaming quietly, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" : ) I love having "K"'s picture up on our fridge so that every time I'm over there, I see her and pray for her. : ) OK Time to go get a tissue! : )

    ReplyDelete