Pam ~ Do you ever have those moments when you feel very silly and it's a four-year-old child who has taken you there? I had one of those moments at lunch yesterday.
I was babysitting my three nieces and went to reheat some leftover macaroni & cheese with hot dogs that they had in the refrigerator. I took the cover off the container, opened the microwave, and pushed the buttons to start it. The light inside came on and the numbers started counting down, but the microwave was not running. As I played around with the buttons, my 4-yr-old niece, Jenna, came over to see what was going on. Here is how our conversation went.
Jenna ~ "What's wrong?"
Aunt Pam ~ "The microwave isn't working."
Jenna ~ "Did you push 'Start'? You have to push 'Start' or it won't work."
Aunt Pam ~ "Yes, Jenna. I pushed the 'Start' button, but it still isn't working. I think your microwave is broken."
Jenna ~ "Yes, it is broken and won't work anymore."
Aunt Pam ~ "I think we might be having cold mac & cheese for lunch today."
Jenna ~ "But I don't want cold maccaroni."
Aunt Pam ~ "Jenna, if the microwave isn't working, I can't heat it up for you to eat."
Jenna ~ "You could use the STOVE, Aunt Pam."
Leave it to a 4-year-old to teach her 28-year-old aunt that you CAN reheat things on the stove if the microwave is broken!!!
![]() |
| Jenna, 4-yrs-old |
![]() |
| Chloe, 2-yrs-old |
![]() |
| Esther, 6-yrs-old |





I thought I'd mentioned that our micro. has been broken for awhile. I'm so sorry; I should have reminded you! Leave it to Jenna to come up with a solution in a witty way! : )
ReplyDeleteWhen Dean is able to finish our kitchen wall, he'll be able to install our new micro. w/range hood! : )
For now, I am so thankful for a working gas oven. If had to choose between the two--micro. or oven--I would choose oven every time! : )
So cute! Leave it to a 4 year out to point out the obvious :)
ReplyDeleteOh, my. Hilarious. :)
ReplyDelete