October 5, 2013 ~ I "heart" these moments!!!!
October 7, 2013 ~ Maya K and I are heading down to Indianola to visit some of my old students at VCA over lunch and recess today!!! I'm excited to get some HUGS from my kids and Maya K is excited to get to play on the playground :-).
What a blessing to get to see my many kids and get so many HUGS!!! I am so glad to be home every day with my little girl, but I definitely miss VCA and all my kids!!! Maya K had fun and got to spend some time in the kindergarten classroom while I wandered the halls :-).
October 8, 2013 ~ Me: "Maya K, it's almost time for breakfast, so if you want to make the beds and get dressed before breakfast you need to do those things now."
Maya K: "I'm on it!!!"
I think she's been listening to her Daddy!!!
Maya K: "Just call me 'Silly'."
K: "I thought your name was 'Sally'?"
Maya K: "Oh yeah. It's 'Sally'."
We're a little sad today :-(. PBS Kids has changed its scheduling and Daniel Tiger is no longer on after lunch. He has been a part of our daily routine for MONTHS and now he is only on at 10 a.m. which is during school. I'm trying to figure out WHAT TO DO?????!!!!!!??????? :-)
October 9, 2013 ~ "I'm trying not to smile, but I just keep graining!!!" (translation: grinning!!!) ~ Maya K
After talking with Maya K for almost TEN minutes trying to answer her question / help her understand ~ "Can God sin? Can He make Himself sin if He wanted to? But He can do anything. If He wants to." ~ I finally had to give in and use a ridiculous illustration. But she finally understood.
"The one thing that God cannot do is sin. He is perfect and if He sinned He wouldn't be God anymore. He can't do it. I cannot talk to a cat and make him understand me. Even if I WANTED to talk like a cat and have the cat know what I am saying, I CAN'T do it!!! God CAN'T sin!!!!"
October 10, 2013 ~ Thursday mornings have been hard the past few weeks. I wasn't sure if school was even going to happen today. It took Maya K SIX tries to be able to sing the alphabet song; something she has been able to do for a very long time (and she was only finally able to do it because I had her run up and down the stairs five times!!!). Reading through the blend cards was NOT going well and I almost stopped. But then, all of a sudden, she started reading the blends better than she ever has!!! It lasted for about 20 blends, and then it stopped. But for those 20 blends she HAD them!!! It was great!!!!!
This picture is from last week, but I wanted to show how well Maya K's handwriting is coming along. She LOVES handwriting time!!! It's honestly one of her favorite things to do in school!!!!!
I am printing some pictures today and came across this gem from our family vacation in CO this past May. Maya K being silly with her cousins :-).
"I just like to talk like a princess sometimes." ~ Maya K
October 11, 2013 ~ A blessing of homeschooling ~ When a friend just needs you to come spend time with her, you can drop your plans for the day and just go!!
October 7, 2013 ~ Maya K and I are heading down to Indianola to visit some of my old students at VCA over lunch and recess today!!! I'm excited to get some HUGS from my kids and Maya K is excited to get to play on the playground :-).
What a blessing to get to see my many kids and get so many HUGS!!! I am so glad to be home every day with my little girl, but I definitely miss VCA and all my kids!!! Maya K had fun and got to spend some time in the kindergarten classroom while I wandered the halls :-).
October 8, 2013 ~ Me: "Maya K, it's almost time for breakfast, so if you want to make the beds and get dressed before breakfast you need to do those things now."
Maya K: "I'm on it!!!"
I think she's been listening to her Daddy!!!
Maya K: "Just call me 'Silly'."
K: "I thought your name was 'Sally'?"
Maya K: "Oh yeah. It's 'Sally'."
We're a little sad today :-(. PBS Kids has changed its scheduling and Daniel Tiger is no longer on after lunch. He has been a part of our daily routine for MONTHS and now he is only on at 10 a.m. which is during school. I'm trying to figure out WHAT TO DO?????!!!!!!??????? :-)
October 9, 2013 ~ "I'm trying not to smile, but I just keep graining!!!" (translation: grinning!!!) ~ Maya K
After talking with Maya K for almost TEN minutes trying to answer her question / help her understand ~ "Can God sin? Can He make Himself sin if He wanted to? But He can do anything. If He wants to." ~ I finally had to give in and use a ridiculous illustration. But she finally understood.
"The one thing that God cannot do is sin. He is perfect and if He sinned He wouldn't be God anymore. He can't do it. I cannot talk to a cat and make him understand me. Even if I WANTED to talk like a cat and have the cat know what I am saying, I CAN'T do it!!! God CAN'T sin!!!!"
October 10, 2013 ~ Thursday mornings have been hard the past few weeks. I wasn't sure if school was even going to happen today. It took Maya K SIX tries to be able to sing the alphabet song; something she has been able to do for a very long time (and she was only finally able to do it because I had her run up and down the stairs five times!!!). Reading through the blend cards was NOT going well and I almost stopped. But then, all of a sudden, she started reading the blends better than she ever has!!! It lasted for about 20 blends, and then it stopped. But for those 20 blends she HAD them!!! It was great!!!!!
This picture is from last week, but I wanted to show how well Maya K's handwriting is coming along. She LOVES handwriting time!!! It's honestly one of her favorite things to do in school!!!!!
I am printing some pictures today and came across this gem from our family vacation in CO this past May. Maya K being silly with her cousins :-).
"I just like to talk like a princess sometimes." ~ Maya K
October 11, 2013 ~ A blessing of homeschooling ~ When a friend just needs you to come spend time with her, you can drop your plans for the day and just go!!


No comments:
Post a Comment