Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, June 7, 2013

FB Friday

June 1, 2013 ~ Maya K: "Daddy, why you say 'poly cow'?"
Nathan: "I didn't. I said 'holy cow'."
Maya K: "You said 'poly holy cow'?"
Nathan: "Nevermind."

June 2, 2013 ~ "I'm too TIRED to go to sleep!!!" ~ Maya K

June 4, 2013 ~ I'm learning how to make green smoothies :-). So far, so good. They have been YUMMY and Maya K likes them!!!!!


Last week I made a Shutterfly photo book for Maya K of our two trips to Ethiopia. It came in the mail last night and I read the "story" to her of when we met her and then brought her home. Right now she is sitting on the sofa with her friend "K" and she is telling her all about the pictures :-). I love it!!!!

June 6, 2013 ~ We are in the middle of a long "discussion" as to whether or not cows like the color red. Maya K keeps telling me that we need to ask the farmer because he will know what color his cows like. I keep telling her that because cows can't talk, they can't tell the farmer what color they like. She is very insistent that the farmer WILL know!!!!

Can a dog bite his tongue? Why or why not? My daughter wants to know.

My hubby let me get away tonight!!! I enjoyed dinner with my friend Gretchen, and then spent some relaxing time in a used bookstore from which I brought home a large pile of BOOKS!!! (Thankfully, I had a gift card!!!)

June 7, 2013 ~ My dream is to someday have room for more bookshelves so I can have all my "friends" out of boxes and able to be seen and enjoyed!!!!

Here are my "finds" from last night. Along with some beautiful roses that Nathan and Maya K bought me for our anniversary (it's next week, but Nathan doesn't like doing flowers on the "expected" day)!!!!

My next project ~ bring all the boxes of books in from the garage, sort all the books we own, re-box up the books that we don't have room for in the house, label the boxes, and take them back out to the garage. Now the details/questions ~ Should I start hauling all the boxes in myself today since I have the motivation to get started?, should I wait until my hubby is home since he is better at carrying heavy things up lots of stairs without falling down and dropping everything?, should I start sorting the books in the house without the boxes from the garage?, etc. Hmmmmmmmm............

No comments:

Post a Comment